Thread: Frenchy the adorable Red Eye! Photos

Talking Frenchy the adorable Red Eye! Photos

Attachment 75099 Attachment 75100 Attachment 75101 Attachment 75102 Name:  image.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  113.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  119.6 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  99.7 KB Heres Frenchy! Hes grown a bit since i got him, a few centimeters. I love this guy. Im so happy to have him. I made it a rule for myself to handle him only twice a month. Heres the first for this month. If you are to handle your red eye, dont wear perfume or cologne or use any lotions prior to handling. Wash your hands and arms up to your elbows, thoroughly, as if you are to perform surgery. even safer is to use latex powder free gloves. Dont handle for more than 10-15 minutes. And be sure you know what your doing! I submitted a video to youtube explaining how to handle your red eye... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2nL...sm1Q8ml8Xxz6AQ
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Frenchy the adorable Red Eye! Photos

I'd have to disagree with handling your frogs in general just because you want to. I only handle mine if I am cleaning the tank and even then I use latex powder free gloves and just place them in the QT tank while the cleaning takes place.

Everyone will care for their pets and do what they wish with them. I just happen to disagree with this. Also by placing the frog on your jeans as you did in these pictures you have exposed him/her to possible harmful chemicals and detergents left on your pants from the wash or normal wear throughout the day

Beautiful frog though!
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Blue Jeans' (2014 Nicaragua Import)
    1.1.0 - Oophaga Pumilio 'Chirique Grande' F1
    1.1.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Citronella'
    1.2.0 - D. Tinctorius 'Azureus'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'Sipaliwini'
    0.0.2 - D. Tinctorius 'New River'
    0.0.4 - D. Tinctorius 'Leucomelas'
    0.0.4 - Terribilis 'Mint'
    1.1.0 - R. Ventrimaculatus 'French Guiana'

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hashtagfrogs
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC...sEZiZQoT8sOuuw

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalPunk View Post
    I'd have to disagree with handling your frogs in general just because you want to. I only handle mine if I am cleaning the tank and even then I use latex powder free gloves and just place them in the QT tank while the cleaning takes place.

Everyone will care for their pets and do what they wish with them. I just happen to disagree with this. Also by placing the frog on your jeans as you did in these pictures you have exposed him/her to possible harmful chemicals and detergents left on your pants from the wash or normal wear throughout the day

Beautiful frog though!
    i knew some people might get mad at me for this. Sorry to upset you. But frenchy is very healthy! I wash my hands thoroughly and We use all natural detergent intended for babies too because i am allergic to many detergents. Im a frog myself! Lol. Ive handled him only about 3,4 times. I dont think its as dangerous if you dont use cologne or lotion or chemicals and if you arent sick and have washed well. He is very beautiful for sure

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Also, when you do HAVE to handle them, using powder free gloves, they need to be sprayed with treated water. I will never believe that there is a "safe" way to handle red eyes when it isn't absolutely necessary. I do not think making a video on it will help people to understand how harmful it can be to handle them. Not just the oils or possible chemicals on your skin (which can come from antibacterial soap also) but the stress it puts on them. They see us as predators no matter how well we care for them.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Thread Information