Thread: Yet Another Firebelly Toad

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Talking Yet Another Firebelly Toad

Well, on Friday I went to the Pet shop to get some more vitamin dusting and water conditioner, and as usual checked out all the animals and fish they had in store. And when I looked in the Firebelly toad tank, I immediately noticed a really small pale green toad sitting in with the rest of them, much smaller than the others. And of course I couldn't resist, so I bought a clay cave, clay feeding bowl, and some fake vines, prepped an old filter that had been lying around, set up a 5 gallon quarantine tank, and came back the next day and got 'em

Name:  DSCF3515.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  45.0 KB
    I swear, those eyes are hypnotic
    Name:  DSCF3513.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  37.9 KB
    Oh, and anyone have any idea whether it's a male or female? Strikes me as a male 'cause it's got the little warts that Aleksis and Dimitri have, plus the same body structure but the head and colors remind me very much of Sasha. Looking at the first photo, I can't tell if it's got nuptial pads or not. Probably too young to tell. Either way, they're a heck of a lot smaller than any of the other toads, even Dimitri. Which makes them all the more cute

Name:  DSCF3519.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  48.7 KB
    Sorry for the bad lighting. It's a cloudy day and I keep my window open to give my frogs the same lighting as they'd get outside, or as close to as possible.

Also, I forgot to buy some wallpaper for the tank so I just put a black binder behind it. And the water's a lot cleaner than it looks.

Anyhow, I'm gonna get a fecal exam done ASAP. That'll very much judge on how long this toad stays in quarantine. However, he/she seems completely fine so far. They're even adapting to being in this tank quickly, and are utilizing the cave, which is good as in the main tank that's where everyone goes to sleep. I'm telling you, there's nothing cuter than seeing Aleksis, Sasha, and Dimitri poking their heads out of their clay cave when I check up on them at night. Anyhow, I'll keep you all up-to-date.

Oh, and does anyone know any good Russian names? I was thinking Vadim or Sergei for a male, or Rosa for a female. Still, I'd appreciate any suggestions, especially female names.
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information