Thread: RETF questions.

Default RETF questions.

My RETF has begun to make a sort kind of noices, so i was wondering if the retf could be looking for some kind of romancw if you know waht i mean, or it is only looking for some kind of company.

If it is looking for mate, how can i know the sex of the frog?

This sounds it makes only at night when wakes up and the frog seems to be sleeping.

And the last question, lately it has begun to be cold at home and the temp sometimes falls at 20° C degrees not less, making the frog less active at nughts only eating a cticket or two and then falling asleep again, so the RETF does hybernate? Or this attitude is natural and normal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: RETF questions.

That is way way too cold for red eyes at night. I would get some heat on it and make sure it stays around 75 degrees Fahrenheit (23.88 degrees C according to a converter) at night. I use a ceramic heat emitter with a thermostat and it works very well.

The noise likely means you have a male, he could be looking for amorous activity but it's not necessary to get another if you're not interested in breeding. If you do get another...females are typically bigger than males and do not call. You would need to quarantine the new frog for a minimum of 30 days to make sure it is healthy before introducing her to the frog you already have.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I've moved Firebellyman discussion on FBTs to it's own thread: http://www.frogforum.net/fire-belly-...questions.html. Please lets stay on topic and do not derail this thread any further .

For OP; this article will help care for frog and provide proper parameters: Frog Forum - Red-Eyed Leaf Frog/Red Eyed Tree Frog Care - Agalychnis callidryas .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

The frog is doing well, yesterday might the temperature drp till 22° degrees and during day its getting between 26 -28, how ever i will get an infrared ceramic heater for the nights.

I don't think i have the space to allocate 2 RETF the terrarium is 12'x12'x18 inches, but i know that some other species thar are much more socials get depressed without companion and i don't know if the frog could get depressed.

I have read the guide for the properly cares for the frog however i am new with amphibians.

Ty for the answers.

Thread Information