Thread: Caging for pacmans

SamuraiJay

Default Caging for pacmans

Hey all! I feel like the PAC section has been a little dead lately!!! How's everyone doing!?!?

I have a question for you seasoned veterans.
    Is it safe to use a rack system for pacman frogs? If so what size would you recommend? I just purchased a 3 bin sterilite plastic rack and I was going to house my frogs in there but then I wondered if it were possible to use regular racks, or do you guys recommend a different type of caging?

Also, I have one more that came to my head. And I will probably end up with another one by the time I'm done typing this one...
    Is there a strong market out there for frogs and more specifically pacman frogs? I only ask this because I would prefer not to try to breed them if there is not a strong market. It's not only about the money at all, honestly if I could keep 10000s of frogs I would lol, but I would only breed them and sell them if I could make a little to keep my hobby going, such as making my collection self sufficient. I wouldn't want to endanger my frogs or put them through the stress of it if in the end it wasn't necessary. I hope I don't come off as a money hungry person, but I'm really not and don't care if I couldn't sell one, but if that's the case I would not want to subject my froggies to the extra stress. And this is to say if i would even attempt the complex art.

Thanks in advanced for your helps and I look forward to hearing from y'all.

Any PA frog keepers here? Would love to meet local enthusiasts such as myself!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Caging for pacmans

Don't really know much about the market. A lot of people want them, but you're not going to get a large sum per animal like you will for something like constrictors.

I think a rack system would be perfect for pacs. They like to be in dark, confined spaces, so I think they'd be appropriate. I'd want the same floorspace for an adult as you'd see in a 10 gallon tank, but you probably don't need the height.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

Thread Information