Thread: Frog is better, not sure what to do

MegSeig

Default Frog is better, not sure what to do

My FBT had an infection, cloudy eyes, not eating, etc. I used melafix and she is better. Eating normally, pooping, more active (though not as active as the other one). It's been about a month. Daily water changes with the melafixed water.

But her eyes still look weird. They aren't cloudy anymore, but one is almost always closed, black, and has a little bit of goo on it. The other is open, but black instead of the gold it was before. She can see the crickets enough to eat them. But I am not sure how to proceed. I'm anxious to get her back in her regular tank.

I started trying Kanaplex last night, thinking that maybe she still has some infection that the melafix won't help. Or maybe the melafix was irritating somehow.

Anyone ever have this type of eye problem? Why are the eyes black? How long does it take them to recover from an infection? The vet said it could take a long time. But I am not sure. It's been about 30 days.

Please help

Edit: Her quarantine tank amy not be warm enough. I am working on fixing that today.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Frog is better, not sure what to do

If Melafix did not clear infection; then it's time for stronger antibiotics. Kanaplex might solve problem out; did a vet prescribed it?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information