Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hopper is a BOY!!

LisaGarcia

Default Re: Hopper is a BOY!!

Well, nevermind that previous post.. Super hubby is cracking open an orange right now and will be saving me a slice for the crickets! He is also going to be cutting up a potato tomorrow and will be saving a piece of that too! LOL he shocks me sometimes. lol Guess that's why he's super hubby! Keeps me on my toes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Not potatoes apples - sure, lettuce, any greens, carrots. They will eat cherios too, but then you need to have a water source.
    I feed mostly lettuce and carrots.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Lol Lisa, he is awesome!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

LisaGarcia

Hoppers temps stayed above 74 last night! The humidity was down to 47 this morning so I will add a little "extra" water to the paper towels tonight. He did NOT like the little baby crickets I got. He ate them but looked at me like "that's it?"

LisaGarcia

Well, I got home early today, Went to check in on Hopper and he is OUT of his hide. He is light green and sleeping under the fake plant. His temp is 80 and humidity is 70 ( I am thinking this is a little too high). I am heading up there to clean out his tank early but wanted to eat my late lunch first. I got to the bottom of the stairs and he started singing! Second time we have heard him croak! That means were doing something right, right? Still no poop out in the open yet. I gave him a 5 min warm water soak in boiled de-clor water last night. If I don't find any today I will try again tonight after he wakes up.

LisaGarcia

Well, As I was cleaning his tank last night he crawls up on the glass, and HOPS out! Not just out into space but ON ME! more specific, on my glasses!! The upper right smudges are from his toes!

It was cute and scary all at the same time

Anyone else's froggies act like they want to hang out with you? Like just chill out of the tank for a bit? I couldn't let him yesterday since I had been working out in the sunroom and was covered with god knows what but he really didn't seem happy about going back to his home.

LisaGarcia

Went to check on him, temps and humidity right before leaving for work. He left me a present.. HE POOPED!!! Anyone else get excited over frog poop after a week? Is that normal?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I'm "Poo-paranoid" myself! But mine are going... just now I'm paranoid over consistency of stool...
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

LisaGarcia

I wiped down Hoppers tank today. He was a busy dirty frog last night. :P His poo was solid and he was MAD at me for waking him up early. I gave hime 3 medium cricket and 2 small ones (Where did the small ones come from? I paid for MEDIUMS) Left them in his nice clean bowl and will see if he figured it out before bed. his temp was 82 and his humidity was 52. I expected the lower humidity due to not properly misting right when I got home but it should be back up with all the freshly misted new VIVA paper towels.

IRThumper, I hope Honey is doing alright. Hopper said it's no fun having runny poo. :/ He also said paper towels taste horrible. (He tried to eat one while I was cleaning, stupid frog)

LisaGarcia

Reason #13 why I love this frog: He is trainable!! I woke him up early tonight for the cleaning routine. He stayed on one side of the tank until I was finished with the other side and had taken all the removables from "his" side. He grudgingly and without prodding walked over to the other side of the tank and just hung out there!! I firmly believe he is a slow and grumpy riser. lol I got his tank clean, got his freshly picked up crickets in their dish and in his tank. A few hopped out and one caught his attention! The fun ensued! LOL when I left he had 2 remaining that were chilling out in their food dish. I still don't think he likes the bowl and I am going to have to either try a bigger bowl or just let him hunt them without paper towels. He is still grabbing mouthfulls of it and not wanting to let go

Hopper is NOT amused to be woken

On the hunt (ignore the stain, I bleached, scrubbed, bleached again and scrubbed and THAT is what is left. Am going after it again next disinfecting)

He is thinking hard about what cricket to go after next

He's got spots! (and a cricket)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Cut! How big is he? He looks about two inches.

LisaGarcia

"Hello little dinner on legs. I am going to eat you now."

(muffled) "See, I told you"

(I don't know what is on his upper arm. It wiped right off and even "slid" around)

"Now where did that last one go?"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

He is just too darn cute! Oh and Honey is three days (I think it's three?) OFF of Cheerios/wheat germ loaded crickets and ON Flukers powdered cricket diet crickets and guess what? Her poo is turning normal color and solid!!
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

LisaGarcia

I feed my crickets pieces of fruit from whatever we are eating. They seem to really like oranges. (You have to cut the membrane it seems) I am giving them lettuce this week after we open the bag. (Taco salad night )

I am glad Honey is getting better!

I keep thinking of that baby honey frog I saw at Petco and am trying really hard to get this tank done so i can get Hopper moved into it and pick up some buddies for him. I think he is lonely. He kept trying to hop onto my hand last night but I couldn't let him since I had been working outside and wasn't sure if I got all the dust (and possible dangerous stuff) off me.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

He's so adorable, Lisa Don't worry about him being lonely, so long as he's well fed, he'll be happy. They really don't need companions
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

LisaGarcia

Quote Originally Posted by LilyPad View Post
    He's so adorable, Lisa Don't worry about him being lonely, so long as he's well fed, he'll be happy. They really don't need companions

Thanks Lily. Just don't tell Super Hubby that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information