Thread: Is our Pacman frog sick?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    xghostmakerx

Exclamation Is our Pacman frog sick?

Hello, I am wondering is my sons Pacman frog is sick. He's been acting strange the last couple of days and only wanting to hang out in the water and he hasn't pooped in a week or so (that i can find). Yesterday when we took him out of the water to change it he made a sound for the first time ever. Today when I went in there to take him out of the water to change it, he stretched his back legs out and they were twitching a bit. He seems a little better now but we're still worried about him. He's doubled in size over the past month we've had him and he is eating with assistance.

I've heard of this red leg disease and he does have a little redish ting to his underside of his groin area. I am not sure if this is normal and I've attached a pic.

1. Size of enclosure - 10 gallon
    2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences - No other frogs although we do leave a few crickets in there with him
    3. Humidity - 70% average. We control this by misting. We are using an analog gauge for temp and humidity so its hard to tell if these numbers are exact.
    4. Temperature - 75 degrees average. We control this with a heating light.
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish - bottled spring water
    6. Materials used for substrate - whatever we got at the pet store. Came in large bricks that we soaked and they crumpled apart.
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials. - Just a piece of wood for him to hide under.
    - How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.
    8. Main food source - super worms and crickets
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often) - we've never used vitamins as we were told by the pet store that the crickets had them in them.
    10. Lighting - Not sure, we use two bulbs. One for night and another for day.
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure - Heating lamps
    12. When is the last time he/she ate - yesterday (tong fed)
    13. Have you found poop lately - No
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine) - Pics attached
    15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area. - Just the twitching of the legs and the failure to poop
    16. How old is the frog - We've had him a month
    17. How long have you owned him/her - A month
    18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred - Captive bred
    19. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats - super worms, crickets and grubs
    20. How often the frog is handled - daily to feed
    21. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area - low traffic
    22. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc = Change water usually twice a day and clean once a week.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information