Thread: american green tree frogs

Default american green tree frogs

can you tell me if my american green tree frog looking to fat to you ? i just notice the other day he looks a bit on the chubby side i might be feeding him to much. there is 2 frogs in the 18x18x24 tank. this one in the pictures in the male which i got him he was big i have had them for about a year now. i can tell he is male since every night around 2 am to 5 am he croaks lol when i look he is puffed up with the sack under his chin. i heard the female is usually the bigger one. i keep the tank at about 50 to 65 humidity i live in California so i keep the tank at room temp. seems perfect temp for night here in Sacramento. i use the monsoon 400 to mist the tank though i do like misting myself at least once or twice a day if anything to fill up the water dish as well. i feed them about 2 meduim size crickets every other day. i was thinking of cutting that down to 1 or do it every 3 days. Name:  frog.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  73.1 KBName:  frog2.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  67.2 KB and here is the other male least i think he is though i never see him croaking Name:  IMG_1361.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  55.9 KB video of the big male croaking lol i used a audio of a green tree frog croaking off youtube i hope its ok to do that once in a while.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: american green tree frogs

He looks very healthy and sounds like you're on the right track for care. I do keep mine at a min of 60% humidity and temps around 85 during the day and no lower than 75 at night. I have a pair, Vern starts calling when the WTF's start in. If you want to thin him out a little it won't hurt, but I really don't see a need to.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: american green tree frogs

Looks chubby; but unknown to me if they can overeat like the White's do . Would not put him on a crash diet; just reduce his food intake slightly for the next month, and then adjust diet according to results .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information