Thread: Allobates trilineatus

Nationality
    [Peru]

Default Allobates trilineatus

I was walking down the road in Puerto Maldonado, Peru one sunny morning and found a trail that lead into a wonderful patch of forest. I followed this trail to see if there was anything interesting back there. the trail lead to a very beautiful, open forest floor that was shaded by LARGE mango trees and native trees. While walking through the heavy leaf litter, I noticed a high abundance of crickets in the area. I caught a glimps of something that jumped very cricket like, but there was something slightly off. I took a closer look... ALLOBATES!! I had not expected that being so close to the city. This large open forest floor ended up holding a LARGE population of the frogs. I managed to snap some photos. The photos are severely cropped as I took the photos with a 16mm wide angle lens. I am surprised how sharp they came out considering I couldn't get close enough to take larger photos and I had to illuminate them with a flashlight. Not the most beautiful frogs in the world, but they are very interesting none the less

Allobates trilineatus (3 of 4) by muddyboots_peru, on Flickr

Allobates trilineatus (2 of 4) by muddyboots_peru, on Flickr

Allobates trilineatus (4 of 4) by muddyboots_peru, on Flickr

Allobates trilineatus (1 of 4) by muddyboots_peru, on Flickr

Within the year, I should be off to San Martin and hopefully, I will have some photos of some really interesting frogs

Josh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Allobates trilineatus

Great share Josh !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Sequoia Frogs

Super cute! I'm actually flying back down to Puerto Maldonado in two weeks, and I can't wait to see all the frogs again, as we only have a couple species in the bay area that are found often.

Nationality
    [Peru]

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia Frogs View Post
    Super cute! I'm actually flying back down to Puerto Maldonado in two weeks, and I can't wait to see all the frogs again, as we only have a couple species in the bay area that are found often.
    How long will you be in Peru and will you only be in Puerto Maldonado? Or will you go elsewhere as well?? If it is possible, we could meet up. I do not live in Puerto Maldonado anymore, but I can share a good locality for the Allobates if you don't know where to find them.

Josh

Thread Information