Thread: African Clawed Frog Questions!

Musicts

Default African Clawed Frog Questions!

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum, but am the proud owner of two african clawed frogs (an albino frog and a white frog.) They are 12 and 10 years old, and live in a 20g tank. Originally when I bought them, the pet store told me tropical fish food flakes was fine as their diet... when I got my second one and was doing my own research, I discovered this not to be the case, and now they eat a variety of foods including usually frozen blood worms, reptomin (though this is hit or miss, both tend to prefer sinking food) and shrimp pellets. My first question relates to food- I like to offer a variety of food choices, what do you all feed your ACFs? What can I do to improve their diet?

My second question relates to plants. I have some java moss in their tank, in an effort to improve tank quality, but it's slowly taking over and I'm afraid they're going to get tangled up in it. I was thinking about purchasing a couple javamoss balls. What live plants does everyone use in their tanks? As I'm sure you all know, these guys can be quite destructive, so anything that's rooted isn't going to stay rooted for long. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Default Re: African Clawed Frog Questions!

Hello Tiffany. The fact that you've had your frogs for so long suggests that you're doing everything right. The questions you've asked have been discussed many times in the past, which is probably why you've not had any responses. A quick forum search will provide the information you're looking for. Here's a few links to be going on with:

Musicts

Default Re: African Clawed Frog Questions!

Thanks for the response! Is it absolutely necessary to feed live food? I never have. Just the reptomin, shrimp pellets and blood worms (sometimes frozen brine shrimp when I can get them, too!)

Thread Information