Thread: Toads in Window Well

tarrbaby

Default Toads in Window Well

I know this thread is old but... I have a massive window well that is about 5' deep and 12' long x 3' wide. The number of toads I have is too many to count, even when I can spot them, and they are hopping all over. I take care when lowering my ladder not to crush any of them. My house is new and the window well has stone on the bottom and concrete walls. I am wondering if it is best to try to create a nice habitat for them or to try to capture them for release elsewhere. My experience has been that others, or the same ones, keep appearing in the well. The top of my well is at ground level and I do not have yet have grass or other landscaping. I recently pulled large weeds (1 -2' in height) and placed them in the well to provide cover and help contain moisture. I am tempted to create a habitat with plants, water, stepping stones and a long board placed at an angle to allow for other trapped creatures to escape. I doubt a toad or frog will necessarily hop up a long 2x4 to escape. I am now finding dead toads and voles but that was before I knew they were there and could not help them. Anyone have proven methods or just ideas?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Toads in Window Well

Hello and welcome to FF! I've moved your post from old thread to new one since it's the best to get help and responses. Piggybacking into old threads is never better than starting a new one. Can you please post a picture of window well to get a better idea of issue? Creating a little habitat to help out the toads might be a great idea, a picture can help us give advice, thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information