Thread: Rip Off: Read if you Are Buying FBTs Online

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Rip Off: Read if you Are Buying FBTs Online

I recently did business with Mitch Friedenberg, a man who is apparently breeding rare colorations in fire belly toads. For the most part, my deal with him was good and fair. I purchased a melanistic (all black with black eyes) male, a two-toned female, and a patternless (no black spots) male. I paid a good price for these frogs and was very excited to receive these rare specimens.

However, when I received the frogs, I found myself disappointed. The melanistic was good and as the breeder said he would be, but the other two were less than satisfactory. The two-toned is mostly green, and her brown coloration is barely noticeable, but the main disappointment lies in the patternless. He is not a patternless frog at all. He is an ordinary fire belly toad. I paid $100 for a frog I could've gotten for $3 at my local pet store. When I demanded to know why he had sent me this frog, he claimed it is patternless because there are very few spots on the back, and if I wanted full patternless frogs I would have to breed him and hope to get one. He never mentioned that before I paid him.

If you happen to ever do business with Mitch Friedenberg (paypal Rocky Mountain Frogs), then I ask you to be wary. If you're buying a melanistic from him, then there's no need to fret. But if you are buying a two-toned or a patternless frog, walk out on the deal before he rips you off. No one should have to pay a ridiculous amount for frogs that come as cheaply as this species. Thank you for listening, and I hope your future transactions go well.
    No frogs currently!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Rip Off: Read if you Are Buying FBTs Online

I bought Fire belly toads from Mitch also. I was similarly disappointed. I did not pay a premium price though. Mine were supposed to be bright green. They are all brown. He told me they were an inch, but they were a half inch when I got them. One ate but never grew, the rest have been healthy.

I really wanted to buy captive bred, and overall I'm happy and love my frogs. I do feel I was misled. I would advise caution with this seller, Rocky mountain frogs.

Thread Information