Hi,

I bought 4 tadpoles at a show and two morphed weeks ago. I had two left, one that was very small and was not growing. The other grew to the size where it should develop legs but has not yet. Yesterday morning they were both alive and swimming around. Today there is only the larger in the container. I do have a top on the container, so it didn't get out. I do regular feeding, so it didn't get eaten because they were starving. There are no signs in the container at all of the second tadpole. If the smaller tadpole died on his own, would the larger tadpole have eaten him? How long can a tadpole take before it morphs and still live? It has been 3 months and it is starting to get flecks of color, but no legs.

I was also wondering about froglet behavior. My two froglets are in a shoebox size bin, but they stay on opposite sides. When the smaller gets anywhere near the larger froglet it hops away. They don't really seem to like each other. I was told that this frog can live well with others of the same species.

Thanks!