Thread: Sorry for noob question. Need help with food asap (Gray tree frogs *I think*)

dodgedartfrog

Question Sorry for noob question. Need help with food asap (Gray tree frogs *I think*)

I was on my flat roof (checking the drains for leaves) and there was a water puddle behind some leaves I was cleaning up.
    3 tadpoles in there and the sun was baking so they weren't going to survive (plus I had to clean up the leaves) so I scooped them and some water up in my water bottle, found an old aquarium I had, put some rocks from around my pond (with nice pond-y green all over them) in the water and put a small water filter in.

Didn't expect them to make it through the night but they did, and were totally digging their new home.
    I stopped at jack's pets and got some "Reptomin baby floating food sticks" for turtles and frogs.
    They LOVE that stuff,.. So one tube has like a years worth of food for these guys so I think "I'm set." right?

#1 and #2 get their legs at about the same time and are constantly on the walls of the aquarium (despite the little island of rocks in the middle I made with the gradual out of water slope) so I'm thinking they're arboreal frogs, look up my area online, most likely based on look, size, location etc.. and looks and it seems they're *most likely* gray tree frogs.

So now two are out of water and as I'm reading I see everyone say they feed theirs crickets...
    My frogs could sit on a dime and have room to stretch, I don't see them eating anything "alive" at this point, but they've been out of the water for 2-3 days now. I put pellets in the water and they disappear but I'm at work through the day and asleep at night so I don't know if the frogs are eating them, if the tadpole is eating them all or if they're dissolving and getting picked up by the filter.

So A. What's a good way to ID my frogs
    B. Are these food pellets still ok or will they not eat those once they're on land? If so what do I feed them and how often? If they get hungry enough (like today while I'm trying to get the "other food" that you guys suggest or that I find,.. they won't starve to death right, they'll eat the food pellets rather than starve I hope (they don't appear to be picky in the wild so I'm really hoping that's the case, or that they haven't been starving now for days.)

I'm going to dig through the forums for other gray owners, but I wanted to get the question out there ASAP so I can get answers in case I don't find anything.
    (they're so cool, plus I found a exo-terra on craig's list,.. gave it a proper cleaning and it's nice, it's a 12x12x18 so I'm really hoping I can keep them alive and happy)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Sorry for noob question. Need help with food asap (Gray tree frogs *I think*)

Sorry nobody replied sooner. Try some blackworms and blood worms, both are sold for aquarium fish. When they close to morph you will need to make them land section and once they are out of the water feed them friut flies ( their cultures are sold for dart frogs). Did it answer your question?
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information