Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to Frogs

lnaminneci

Default Re: New to Frogs

The 4th frog came out of hiding enough for me to see her white throat! 4 Females! Sheesh! I thought for sure it might be a male!

The females must have been hanging out in my plants having a Girl's Night to get away from the Boys. And they are quiet as mice.........

Jace

Congrats on the two newest arrivals. I am kind of jealous that you have four...but Yoki's brothers will hopefully be home in September (cross fingers). Have you picked out names yet?

lnaminneci

But I want a BOY, a BOY, a BOY!!!!

Okay...I'm better. I had to get that out!

I don't have names for the two new ones yet. One of the new girls is very small and light green, with no markings on her back. And the 4th one that had been hiding is larger, and very, very shy. Hard to see her full coloring. She looks to be very, very dark green.

Any name suggestions?

Jace

Lol-see, I have Yoki and three others on hold, and I would really like to find a girl....we might have to hook our frogs up and see what happens!!

As for names....sure, put me on the spot...are you wanting to keep with the endin in "o" theme? Let me think on it...I do like the name Deco, which could work for a girl or a boy frog.

lnaminneci

I have named the new frogs!

I wasn't planning on sticking with the ending in "o" theme...but here they are:
    • Pako
    • Niko
    • Alto
    • Hilo
    Now I just need a MALE for all my females!!! And his name will be Fabio....hmmm or maybe not... i'll have to see if he is a blonde....

lnaminneci

I think Hilo might be a MALE!! Maybe....!!!!!

Hilo is the dark green one with brown/clay color. Hilo's throat looks creamy, but has a wrinkled pouch with spots. Hilo hasn't made any croaking sounds.

Do you think Hilo might be a boy?!?!?!?

Jace

I would need to see a picture to confirm. If you check out the picture that Paul just posted of his Chorus Frog singing, you will see the colour of the throat. When deflated, the throat is slightly darker and kind of hangs and is wrinkly. If Hilo's throat is like that, I would definitely say male....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information