Thread: Poorly lip??

Loz

Unhappy Poorly lip??

Hey Guys,

My Albino Cranwelli is nearly a year old now and seems to be in good health, with right conditions; temps fine, eats well, food supplemented etc....

Last week I noticed part of her bottom lip overlaps part of the top lip. She/he looks like Popeye the sailor frog, poor little love.

It could have been like this for up to a couple of weeks as she/he had been burrowing, before I noticed. I have kept an eye on it for the past week to see if there is any change, but there has not been any

Any ideas what could have caused this?

I know MBD affects the growth of bones, however wouldnt the lip turn down instead of up??

I will try to post pictures later; any in put and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Poorly lip??

Hi,

I would advise getting her checked out by a vet. What you're describing could be associated with MBD complex, and as this can happen in any amphibian, even on an apparently "good" diet, it would be initially top of my differential list from what you've described.

There are of course other possibilities, which a vet should be able to help you rule in or out.

Hope you can get her sorted.

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post
    Hey Guys,

My Albino Cranwelli is nearly a year old now and seems to be in good health, with right conditions; temps fine, eats well, food supplemented etc....

Last week I noticed part of her bottom lip overlaps part of the top lip. She/he looks like Popeye the sailor frog, poor little love.

It could have been like this for up to a couple of weeks as she/he had been burrowing, before I noticed. I have kept an eye on it for the past week to see if there is any change, but there has not been any

Any ideas what could have caused this?

I know MBD affects the growth of bones, however wouldnt the lip turn down instead of up??

I will try to post pictures later; any in put and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Loz

Thanks for the speedy advice Bruce, I will try and get her/him in at the vets soon.

Fingers crossed that she/he will be ok.

Thanks again

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Good luck loz. I hope your frog will be ok

Thread Information