Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Pavlor

Default New Member

Hi, I'm Pavlor from Finland. I keep a whole managerie of animals and would like to start keeping frogs, in particular, pyxies and dumpies or white-lipped. Frogs are quite difficult to get here in Finland, especially the African bullfrogs so if anyone knows how I could get me a tadpole over here, please let me know! =)

Hope you are all well,
    Pav

Jace

Default Re: New Member

Welcome to the Forum Pavlor! I am not sure how you might be able to acquire an African Giant Bullfrog, but I own three of them myself, so if you have any questions about them, I will try my best to answer them for you. I love my Pyxies, so best of luck in getting one!

Pavlor

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Pavlor! I am not sure how you might be able to acquire an African Giant Bullfrog, but I own three of them myself, so if you have any questions about them, I will try my best to answer them for you. I love my Pyxies, so best of luck in getting one!

I think they may well be my most favourite frog! I may be able to find one in another Scandinavian country, or Germany, so I will inquire =) What are their characters like?

Jace

Each one is unique. I have two males: Gherkin is very laid back and easy-going while Kadesh is a bit more high-strung and jumpy. My female, Obi, is the most spunky and is the most aggressive at feeding time. I love interacting with them and taking pictures of them. I hope you can get one soon-we need more Pyxies on this Forum!

Kurt

Welcome aboard.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forum Pavlor. So what animals are you keeping at present? I hope you are able to get your African bullfrogs. Good luck.

Welcome Pavlor.

Pavlor

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Welcome to the forum Pavlor. So what animals are you keeping at present? I hope you are able to get your African bullfrogs. Good luck.
    At present I keep a Chaco Golden Knee tarantula called Viivi ChaCha, a leopard gecko called Charlie, a Okeetee corn called Alfie, a chihuahua called Samson, two cats Lucian and Chæ, a spiny blue lizard called Bambi, a ferret called Molly, a lop called Isabelle, a male calico oranda called Maudley, an axolotl called Mokty and an electric blue crayfish called Mojo.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Pavlor

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Skulldroog

Welcome to the forums. See you around.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Wow! What a big family you have. Nice photo's. Im particularly fascinated by Viivi ChaCha. I think he/she is very cute. How big is he/she? Im also interested in what you would feed Him/her. I also have a Lop. Mine is a mini lop ear, but not so mini. He's 8 years old and you wouldn't know it cos he still runs around like a mad thing when I have to put him to bed.

Pavlor

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Wow! What a big family you have. Nice photo's. Im particularly fascinated by Viivi ChaCha. I think he/she is very cute. How big is he/she? Im also interested in what you would feed Him/her. I also have a Lop. Mine is a mini lop ear, but not so mini. He's 8 years old and you wouldn't know it cos he still runs around like a mad thing when I have to put him to bed.
    Viivi has a legspan of about 5" so isn't fully grown yet. I don't know his or her sex, but I'm hoping it's a she - will have to find out soon. I feed "her" locusts and roaches and she's a voracious eater and will eat two large specimens every week. Isabelle my lop is allegedly a mini as well and is seven but doesn't seem to want to run around. Her cage mate Lleucu was 11½ when she died and since then (a year back), she doesn't really want to play. I had thought of getting her another playmate but she's quite old already.

nana

Hiya and welcome to the forums hunny. Have you tried any breeders in europe that may deliver via courier

Pavlor

Quote Originally Posted by nana View Post
    Hiya and welcome to the forums hunny. Have you tried any breeders in europe that may deliver via courier
    Thanks nana =) I've been looking around tonight and I think I may have a lead... =)

nana

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlor View Post
    Thanks nana =) I've been looking around tonight and I think I may have a lead... =)

Nice one hunny where from?? What have you decided to get??

Pavlor

Nice one hunny where from?? What have you decided to get??

I'm going to the shop in Helsinki on Friday as I work down there on Fridays... They can apparently order in animals (Pyxies weren't among them, but there's no harm in asking...). They also have a baby savannah monitor that I hope I don't come home with...

Tiia's Pets verkkokauppa (JK Reptiles Oy)

nana

I'm going to the shop in Helsinki on Friday as I work down there on Fridays... They can apparently order in animals (Pyxies weren't among them, but there's no harm in asking...). They also have a baby savannah monitor that I hope I don't come home with...

Tiia's Pets verkkokauppa (JK Reptiles Oy)

Nice one hunny keep us posted......also have fun with the monitor you know you want it lol

Pavlor

Nice one hunny keep us posted......also have fun with the monitor you know you want it lol

Urgh, and there's also a false tomato frog I'm sorely tempted to get as well *lol* I really don't want to end up on one of those documentaries about animal hoarders...

Jace

Urgh, and there's also a false tomato frog I'm sorely tempted to get as well *lol* I really don't want to end up on one of those documentaries about animal hoarders...
    Well, I think you would be in good company....a few more and I'll be in that category!!

Kurt

Just one? I have four tomatoes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information