Thread: Bufo boreas AKA Western Toad Sick

popshot

Default Bufo boreas AKA Western Toad Sick

Hey everyone,

I have had 2 toadlets for almost a month now. I'd say they are both about an inch in length. Temperature is kept at a solid 69-70f or 20-21 Celsius. Soil is from my backyard, which has had no chemicals sprayed on it. Humidity levels on the hygrometer are 60-70, water dish is replaced daily with dechlorinated water, and I mist daily, while avoiding direct spray on toads. They are placed in an Exo-terra large tall with the terrarium cleaned every week and new soil added. They also have artificial uv-b.

I came home from work today and found one of them not moving much. The only reason I saw him or her is due to the fact they both always come out of hiding when I come to check on them. He/she is not eating, stiff, no mobility, unless stimulated, but with stiff movement.

Not sure where to go from here. The other toad is totally fine.

Their diets consist of store bought crickets, small web spiders, little grasshoppers, centipedes, and flies.

On a side note, the last batch of crickets I bought, 30 in total, I saw that around 10 or so died within a short time of having them. Can crickets carry disease?

Hopefully she/he will be ok.

EDIT: I just went downstairs to check on him and found the large glad behind his left eye is producing a lot of white film. I realize that the Western Toad will secrete a mild deterrent for predator's , but it's only coming from the one gland.
    Last edited by popshot; July 10th, 2014 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Adding info

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information