Thread: Quick question about misting

Danielle01

Default Quick question about misting

Hey everyone I have two questions one is it is okay to mist my frog just want to make sure he is hydrated since he doesn't go in his water bowl except yesterday I just don't want to stress him out is all. Also I am using eco earth and have been thinking about using live plants is eco earth ok for live plants or will I need an organic soil but don't want to get anything to harm chubbs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

AlexN150

Default Re: Quick question about misting

Hey Danielle, I'm pretty new to amphibian world as well but I do know it's not good to spray them directly. The frogs will know when they're drying out and either burry themselves in the substrate (which is why you should constantly keep it moist but not soaking wet) or go in their water. As for the live plants, my brother has a gecko and is using Eco earth substrate and plants are growing in there just fine. Just have to be sure there's a light source for them. Hope this helps!

Hi there! I have had my pacman frog for about 4 months and I put Pathos plant in my little guys tank. I use the same soil I am using for the whole tank, the Eco earth, and my pathos are doing fine. In fact it started to root, so you should be okay on that.

Danielle01

Hey thanks for the info. Yeah I was always told to make sure he is hydrated and my eco earth is usually pretty moist but not mud like. I just want to make sure he is well hydrated and yeah thanks for letting me know about the plants I was considering getting live plants but I may stick with fake. Thanks again

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You can mist the enclosure to help maintain 70-80% humidity with either dechlorinated tap or distilled water (prevents water spots); but avoid spraying frog directly. Ceramic Heat Emitters (CHE) are very good as heat sources and outlast many bulbs saving money in the long run. Just don't go over 60 watts and control them either with a dimmer or a thermostat.

Pacmans can be very destructive to plants. You can try a Pothos plant, they are very hardy. However if your Pacman is an albino, recommend use silk plants because you can't use daylight with them. Shredded coco is a poor plant substrate. When growing plants, ABG type soil is recommended. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information