Thread: Help with humidity

Danielle01

Default Help with humidity

Hey everybody,
    im still somewhat struggling with humidity and here is what I got I have a glass twenty long tank with a screen top and I have eco earth underneath is hydroballs with a screen over them and I must pretty much from twice to five times a day and have a bunch of fake plants and a huge water dish for Chubbs and a .5 watt red light with a heating pad as well the temperature is anywhere from mid seventies to high eighties and humidity is usually anywhere from fifty seven to seventy seven and would like the humidity at ninety. Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Danielle01

Default Re: Help with humidity

Also i mist frequently to bring up humidity but it keeps dropping after a while

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Get some aluminum foil and cover the whole screen top with it. Can use black electric or regular tape to tape it to edges. Then place your light fixture on top in your preferred location and using a sharpie type marker draw a line around its perimeter.

Remove the fixture and using scissors cut around the marked line; but make hole around 1/2 in. larger. That should help keep humidity in. If too high, can enlarge the opening a fraction at a time until you get desired outcome. Unless on a thermostat; will probably need to readjust your mat/light settings because heat will be retained too. Hope this helps and good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

falconez

Hi Carlos,
    I'm almost sure this trick will work,but I'd be worried about the ventilation.
    Won't be too poor?

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by falconez View Post
    Hi Carlos,
    I'm almost sure this trick will work,but I'd be worried about the ventilation.
    Won't be too poor?
    No, you are not covering all screen, usually to cover 3/4 of a screen is good enough for humidity and ventilation.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

falconez

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    No, you are not covering all screen, usually to cover 3/4 of a screen is good enough for humidity and ventilation.

This is what I've done with my ABF,but I've to mist more often to keep humidity (I'm using a ceramic lamp to have good temps).
    I know ceramic lamp makes the enviroment more dry,but to keep up humidity simply covering 3/4 of the top is not enough,you have to mist.

Thread Information