Thread: Kaiju <3

KylaRaquel

Arrow Kaiju <3

Hey everyone!

This is my little guy, Kaiju <3

He's probably about 10 months old now, give or take? I'm pretty sure he's a boy, considering the pretty orange markings he has on his sides, but it would be nice to get some feedback from some more experienced African Bullfrog enthusiasts, as this is my first one <3

I've seen some people posting about Dwarf Pyxies vs Giant, and was also wondering if someone might be able to help me out in figuring out which of the two Kaiju is?

Any info and comments are welcome!

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Kaiju <3

Definitely not 10 months old. If the frog is that old it could be stunted. Looks like a possible male.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hello and welcome to FF! Agree with Colleen/Jerrod; looks like a GABF juvenile male. What make you think it's 10 months old? If so; it's undernourished and should be bigger than your hands .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

KylaRaquel

Hi & thank you both Sorry, I should have clarified: the first few pictures (the first one in particular) were taken when I first got him at about 3 months old (according to the pet store from which I got him..they weren't 100% sure). He's about twice the size now, maybe a little under. Does that still seem small for roughly 10 months old? I'll have to take some better size comparison pictures to show you.

ancestral0stars

Those pics are fantastic!! Has he ever tried to bite you when you pick him up? He seems really calm=)

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by KylaRaquel View Post
    ...Does that still seem small for roughly 10 months old? ...
    Yes, he looks small for 10 months; what is the frog's present snout to vent length (SVL)?
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

KylaRaquel

Quote Originally Posted by ancestral0stars View Post
    Those pics are fantastic!! Has he ever tried to bite you when you pick him up? He seems really calm=)
    Thank you! I love taking pictures of him ^_^
    He's bit me once, but that was totally my fault for wiggling my hand around in his vivarium while trying to knock some crickets out of a bush... Needless to say, he mistook my finger for food, lol. But other than that, he has a great temperament My little Tomato frog, Bufo (aka 'Grumpy Frog') makes Kaiju seem more like a cute and cuddly lap dog in comparison, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Yes, he looks small for 10 months; what is the frog's present snout to vent length (SVL)?
    I was talking with my boyfriend the other night about when we first got him, and he reminded me that we actually did some research when we first got him ourselves and actually clocked him at only about 1 month old when we got him near the end of October last year... So that would actually probably make him closer to 8 months or so now, if we guessed right.

I don't have a measuring tape handy right now, but I did manage to take some more pictures. I'll see what I can scrounge together to measure him with, but in the meantime, here are some update pictures from today:

ancestral0stars

Oh My goodness you should totally make a calender! Very photogenic!! Im not even kidding either. There are a few diy websites for that kind of thing I think.

KylaRaquel

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I have actually been thinking about making him a hilarious little Facebook page or something like that, actually. But a calendar would be cool too! I may need to look into this when I have the extra cash

Nationality
    [United States]

Yes he is undersized for his age. Most don't reach their full potential so it isn't uncommon to have them not reach7" to 8" in captivity. Many wild males have been reported in their natural habitat reaching lengths up to 10" SVL.

Mine is just over a year old and he is 7" SVL and weighs over 2 pounds.
    Name:  0628141150.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  130.0 KB

He has out grown his water dish, but he never uses it unless I place him in. He prefers his large rock hide and will remain hiding under it for days. I even have to remove the hide off him to feed.

Monza geckos

I take it the awesome name was inspired by those enormous monsters off pacific rim

Thread Information