Thread: Active toads.

Default Active toads.

I was wondering. What are some active toads? Does anybody know? I have owned american toads. When night time comes say around 8pm. I turn on the lights and they become active. Or rather much "used" to. I did this type of cycle because, if you think about it toads burry during the day and do not see light untill night. Which most toads that live near cities and such will still see "lights". Ussually toads will hang around street posts, porches, front lawns at night to feed on the various insects they love to prey on-Moths.

I have been wondering if the southern toads. Like the actual species, southern toads do this. Or if any other toad does this. I know I used to see alot of american toads where i used to live. In my old country I used to see introduced cane toads hopping around the streets in search of meals. I dont ever remember seeing frogs going for street lamps. But more or so toads. So I was wondering what people think are active. I ask of this because I am pretty aware that people in this forum do not come all from the same place. Even same states is pretty rare which is good because it gives me plenty of opportunity to learn.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Active toads.

In general Iam looking for true bufo toads and its subspecies. Nothing like bombinas or anything of the sort. Although I do welcome them. I am trying to get more of a plain idea of the habits of different toads from different regions of the USA, Canada, S.A., C.A. Us territories, Europe in general. I know aussie doesnt have toads that are native to aussie. So yeah.

Thread Information