Thread: Small Python Care: the Savu Python

findiviglio

Default Small Python Care: the Savu Python

Hi, Frank Indiviglio here. I’m a herpetologist, zoologist, and book author, recently retired from a career spent at several zoos, aquariums, and museums, including over 20 years with the Bronx Zoo.
    Pythons are highly valued by snake enthusiasts, but most become too large for the average household, and cannot be safely handled by young or inexperienced keepers. But in the early 1990’s a “big python in a small package” appeared in the pet trade, and its popularity has since soared. Averaging only 3 ˝ to 4 ˝ feet in length, the Save or White-Eyed Python (Liasis savuensis) is beautifully iridescent and calm in demeanor. And, with a natural range that spans a mere 60 square miles, this interesting snake is also important from a conservation perspective. Read the rest of this article here Savu Python : Keeping One of the Smallest Pythons | That Reptile Blog
    Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with: That Pet Place Welcomes Frank Indiviglio | That Reptile Blog

Best Regards, Frank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Monza geckos

Default Re: Small Python Care: the Savu Python

Hi got nothing to do with this post but i would like to personally thank you posting your research on Cryptosporidium although it was hard that my leo died from it i was more comfortable knowing the cause. hopefully the cure will be eventually found.

findiviglio

Default Re: Small Python Care: the Savu Python

Quote Originally Posted by Monza geckos View Post
    Hi got nothing to do with this post but i would like to personally thank you posting your research on Cryptosporidium although it was hard that my leo died from it i was more comfortable knowing the cause. hopefully the cure will be eventually found.
    Thanks for the kind words; I didn't do the actual research but do keep track of hat co-workers and others are up to. I'll post updates as they become available, best regards, Frank

Thread Information