Thread: R.I.P Ember

Monza geckos

Unhappy R.I.P Ember

Hi all, i am just posting this to say thank you for all your help with my leo. I always came here first whenever i had a problem with my leopard gecko because i knew that you were all full of knowledge and first hand experience. I am devastated to say this but my first reptile died last month she was just over a year old, she had never been as big as the other geckos and was a bit of a light weight but everyone said she seemed fat and healthy for her size... a few months ago she was being funny and stopped eating her food which was well out of character for her so i went to the store and bought every type of live food i could to see if she was being picky so a hefty bill later i got home and tried everything. i left her alone for two days and then came back she had lost a 1/3 of her body weight in a matter of a few days, i was really concerned so i took her to my herpetologist vets as soon as i could i was distraught and my parents knew how much she meant to me so they let me skip school to go to her appointment (she meant the world to me and was my only pet). I brought along a faeces sample for the vet it was a little runny but i had no idea what it meant. she came back and said she couldn't find any parasites and gave her a vitamin boost and a calcium boost to see if it would help. i waited a little while and then i gave her some prescribed A and D dog food used only in emergencies for underweight reptiles. the next morning one by one the symptoms were matching up with what i had feared the worst CRYPTOSPORIDIUM!!! I was depressed but still had to go to school for a science exam the same day... she died before i got in. I can't stress it enough that you should get your herps checked up once every 6 months if you can, things like this can not be cured but medication can help. she weighed 23grams when she died my little leo i will miss you this will be my last post for quite some time i don't want to rsh back into exotics for a while i'm too busy and don't have enough money at the moment.
    Goodbye Ember
    march 17th 2013- 12th june 2014

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: R.I.P Ember

Awww I'm sorry for your loss Losing a pet is never easy.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Thread Information