Thread: Does anyone else's ADF seem to LOVE floating plants?

NiaCas

Default Does anyone else's ADF seem to LOVE floating plants?

I hope there's no medical problem that would cause liking to stay at the surface. Neither of my two ADFs have been showing any signs of stress or breathing problems and all water parameters are good - they eat well and seem happy. As long as this is normal behavior then it's very cute I put some riccia fluitans on the surface this afternoon and less than 5 minutes later one of my little frogs swam up and decided "Oh, yes! I live HERE now!" lol. He hasn't moved since. On the bright side, I was able to just drop some bloodworms in front of him and not have to worry about chasing after a single stray worm that he didn't catch. They stayed in place on the plant and he slurped up every one. The not so bright side: He's so motionless I got worried! Even when I very gently tapped his foot, he didn't get scared and move away, he just sat there. Even when I moved the plant, he stuck around for the ride. I separated him from the plant thinking that even though he's obviously alive he might be stuck, but he scrambled back to his new pad right away. He seems ok. Would be great if someone could tell me that this is totally normal though! I'd much rather it be cute than concerning

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Does anyone else's ADF seem to LOVE floating plants?

Lol, it doesn't sound very concerning to me Is pretty funny though.

162Smolenskya

It's completely normal behavior for ADFs and ACFs to just float near the surface (adorable if you ask me). Because he's just floating on the surface I'm sure he's totally fine and is exhibiting the ADF normal behavior of "burbling" (yes, that's what floating at the top is called). There is cause for concern only if it looks like he's trying to scale the walls or use the plants to get out of the water. Usually when a frog shows this kind of behavior, there is something very wrong with the water quality. Hope this helps!!

Tongue Flicker

Careful though, I've had frogs use floating plants as leverage and kick themselves out of the tank

Thread Information