Thread: Please help african dwarf frog

MissPiggy

Default Please help african dwarf frog

Please help, I've had my African Dwarf Frog, Miss Piggy, for 1.5 years. She (found out hes really a boy) has recently gotten a discolored lump near her stomach. I don't know if I overfed her or why the lump is there. She is acting completely normal, has an appetite, croaks at night, jumps and hides in cage.

She lives in a one gallon tank by herself (I know she needs a 5 gallon tank, but no matter how hard I try I can't figure out how to cycle my 5 gallon tank before she goes in it)
    She is a heater, and her temperature is regulated by the heater.
    I found out that yesterday my heater was unplugged for one day, so her temperature was room temperature, but it was only for one day so I didn't think that would be an issue?

I've attached a picture of her lump, you can't really tell how far the lump goes out but you do see how it is discolored. Please help if you know what I may be able to do to help her!
    Name:  IMG_0626.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  41.7 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Please help african dwarf frog

Hello and welcome to frog forum! Is there anything in the tank that could have been swallowed by your frog? There is a chance that it is some food but it seems more likely that your frog could have an impaction. Some of the other members will probably chime in and give more info than I can on the situation. I hope this helps!

MissPiggy

Thank you, this site has been very helpful with raising my frog! He has gravel at the bottom of his tank, but I always thought it was too big for him to swallow! It is the colorful gravel, that is found in most pet stores. Do you think this is what he swallowed? Do you know how to treat impaction?

No problem, how big is your frogs mouth and the gravel? I would switch from colorful gravel ASAP as the paint can chip and possibly poison the frog. It could be what he swallowed. I am not sure how to treat an impaction with a fully aquatic frog . I hope this helps!

Thread Information