Thread: New and need some advice on recent event w/eastern gray tree frog.

Noobphibian

Default New and need some advice on recent event w/eastern gray tree frog.

Hello.

About a month ago my neighbor found a tree frog hanging out under the cover of his hot tub (it's an eastern gray from what I could find out on the net) . He thought our kiddos would like it. I have a terrarium we had set up for critters, so I put the little fella in it to show their cousins the next day. ...And then "poof", the little guy disappeared.

I looked everywhere in this little cage and was convinced Houdini (as he/she was instantly named) was out and somewhere in my kitchen. THEN, today, I walked by the terrarium on the shelf in my basement garage, and Houdini is hanging out on a leaf of the artificial plant! It's been probably 4 weeks ago I put the terrarium back in the basement. No clue where he was hiding - truly amazed!

From what I can tell, he looks to be Ok. I saturated the Eco-soil, filled his water bowl, and gave him a rinse (all w/room temp bottled water). I went out and caught a couple moths, some small worms, couple beetles, and tiny grub. Plan to swing in to Petco tomorrow for some crickets.

With that said, how do I know if he is ok? Would love to keep him, but I don't want to be greedy and make him suffer at the same time. If we need to return him to the back yard for his survival, I'll just have to do it.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New and need some advice on recent event w/eastern gray tree frog.

Frog Forum - Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding this care article will help. Written by forum founder, John. Thanks John! Oh and welcome to frog forum too

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Default Re: New and need some advice on recent event w/eastern gray tree frog.

Welcome to the frog forum! Your frog should be ok, as long as you feed him well. Good luck!

Thread Information