Thread: Amazing!

Jace

Default Amazing!

Last night, I heard my first live African Bullfrog call! Gherkin let out two low calls at around 1:30 AM. For those of you who are curious as to what this sounds like, please check out the African Bullfrog caresheet and have a listen. Right afterwards, Yoki the Pacific Chorus frog did his call, and the Fire-Bellied toads were in the background throughout. Heck of a way to fall asleep!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

pixiefrogman

Default Re: Amazing!

That is really cool, must have been scary to hear at first lol!

Jace

Yeah, it was. My dog was on the couch with me and I thought it was him at first. I had the lights all out and the t.v. low and I honestly though my dog had farted....poor guy. I guess I owe him and extra cookie today for wrong blame!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

My big eyed tree frogs make a call that sounds a little like a cat mewing. It's awesome to listen to, and it startles our guests when we have company over. I'm a little jealous that you have such a chorus of calls to listen to.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That's so cool Jace. If you thought it was your dog then im betting that your dog thought it was you.

Jace

Quote Originally Posted by adawinters View Post
    My big eyed tree frogs make a call that sounds a little like a cat mewing. It's awesome to listen to, and it startles our guests when we have company over. I'm a little jealous that you have such a chorus of calls to listen to.
    I would love to hear a big eyed tree frog call; I bet that sounds neat. It was the first night everyone was going....my own Amphibian Band!

Jace

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    That's so cool Jace. If you thought it was your dog then im betting that your dog thought it was you.
    Well, Riley did give me a look...I don't know if he was impressed or horrified, though!

Kurt

That is so cool. I have a bunch of frogs calling. Some I can identify, others I can't. The ones I have IDed are the red-eyes, fire-bellies, blue-webs, tomatoes, White's, and red-backed rubber frogs.

Jace

I was hoping with Gherkin going, that Kadesh would start, but so far nothing. I played the clip on the caresheet of one going, and Gherkin perked up and grumbled a bit. Obi looked interested, too. I think the more frogs singing the better!

Thread Information