Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buyer Beware of Mike's Phat Frogs

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Buyer Beware of Mike's Phat Frogs

I'm not the one who has the vet papers, irThumper is, and once she does show the vet papers, you are going to be caught in the act of selling sick frogs and everybody is going to know because you have sold sick frogs to petco and other various pet stores. Like she said it's people like you that are making the government put holds and limits on frogs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cliygh and Mia 2 View Post
    I'm not the one who has the vet papers, irThumper is, and once she does show the vet papers, you are going to be caught in the act of selling sick frogs and everybody is going to know because you have sold sick frogs to petco and other various pet stores. Like she said it's people like you that are making the government put holds and limits on frogs
    xavier honestly you are a moron.... Please get your facts right. Especially, on chitrid works and how it is spread. Those frogs would not have arrived with it. She will look especially stupid when test come back negative here at both facilities. Then what will the response be??? Please tell me

Also, when it comes back negative both sAndfire and I have our proof that her claim of us having chitrid is false. Which a lawsuit would favor in our way.

Especially , after your statement above proving that apparently everybody is going to know. I'm curious to how much money in lost sales she will be responsible for.

This is will be fun.

She apparently received vet reports a week ago or so. I have yet to see them... So false claims with no proof.

Answer this.... What happens when our recent tests come back negative???????????????????

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

And even more evidence, if her forgs did have Chytrid fungus, they would have died by now.
    Effect of chytridiomycosis on infected frogs

Dead and dying frogs generally have disorders of the epidermis, and often exhibit behavioral changes such as lethargy and loss of righting reflex. Chytrid zoosporangia live in the heavily keratinized stratum corneum and stratum granulosum of the frogs’ pelvic patch, digits, and ventral body, and in the keratinized mouthparts of tadpoles. Associated epidermal changes included irregular cell loss, hyperkeratosis, and excessive sloughing of the skin. Infected frogs begin to die roughly 21 days post-infection, and though larvae are susceptible to infection, deaths are generally restricted to metamorphosed individuals (this is because larvae do not have much keratin). Though chytridiomycosis is unlikely to cause larval mortality, it can significantly decrease body mass at metamorphosis and increase the duration of the larval period, both of which are likely to negatively affect the amphibian's survivorship in the long run. Two leading hypotheses have been put forward to explain how Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis directly kills its host: 1) toxic, proteolytic enzymes are released by the fungus, and 2) loss of electrolytes negatively affects osmoregulation and/or oxygen uptake, two primary functions of amphibian skin.
    (Cited from http://www.************.com/threats/chytrid/)

It says that frogs infected with Chytrid die typically in 21 days. Her frogs have been with her for years, if you want the link, here you go!
    http://www.************.com/threats/chytrid/

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Those two frogs were introduced to something... At her home. Explain how the other 20 frogs that were house in the same cage as hers are still alive at other customers houses..

This is a one time occurrence. Which means they were introduced to it at her place. She had those frogs well over 30 days

You are a hobbyist if at best... I do this professionally. I know how these diseases work and how to connect the dots

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

She did also collect wild frogs and keep them within her home.............. I have a screen shot of it and her talking about them with photos. Find it interesting also with a woman that has nothing more to do than go one 1000+ word rants she is silent today. Especially when there is no vet report

So stop wasting my time. I am thru with this thread. This is a lost cause

someone give me a txt or call when a actual vet report is posted... 714-782-8421

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I am locking this thread for further review.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]

Following. I would like to mention I am very displeased with the behavior here.

I would also like to mention that Petco has been proven to sell sick frogs in the past. Perhaps not all, but I cannot tell you how many we have helped to recover here. I do believe there are some healthy frogs from them as well. No slander needed. Much proof is evident throughout the forum and other frog community pages as well.

As a forum, we do not encourage slander, but teach to know your buyers, what to look for for a healthy frog, how to quarantine and how to be prepared for any treatments necessary.

All of the recent Chytrid/BD posts are being monitored here presently. We will discuss the issues at hand.

Currently a few threads have been locked due to the threats being mentioned. We will not tolerate the behavior.

Pleasant debate is always welcome.

Those in the wrong please consider correcting your actions.

It is recommended that any frogs in question be tested for Chytrid, as we all know it could potentially ruin the hobby we love.

Those of us who are so cautious to prevent such transmissions would like to be able to continue to enjoy our hobby.

Itraconazole is the best know cure at this time. I would recommend anyone treating follow along closely with a vet for treatments and follow strict quarantining procedures.

Enough said.

We want to continue our amazing hobby? Do it right.

I am sorry for any losses that anyone has incurred. Please, from both sides of any transactions, please do right by your purchasers and sellers and do the right thing.

This thread will remain locked until further notice.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

9. 2 members thank Heatheranne for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Big sigh
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information