Thread: Alternative cricket feeding strategy

Whiplash87

Question Alternative cricket feeding strategy

So I'm planning to build a vivarium out of my current reef tank that has a crack down the back, which is why I'm going to sell everything. Its a 25g jbj nanocube drilled in the back with two bulkheads leading down by flex pvc at a 45 degree angle to a 30gallon tank. My idea is that I could use the 30 gallon tank as a breeding tank for crickets and maybe have a light on a timer in there so the crickets are more prone to wander into the flex pvc and hopefully into the display vivarium. The flex pvc does have riges in it so I hope the crickets could climb that. Or I could run glue down the pvc and dump sand in there to make a surface they can actually climb better. Does this sound even remotely feasable? I would also glue some acryic over the display bulkheads so the frogs wouldn't wander down there and feast. Would I have to still coat the crickets some how in a multivitamin or would feeding them a variety of fruits and grains be okay? I plan on getting some tree frogs depending on the maintanence and my research on everything before I think of starting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Alternative cricket feeding strategy

All my Insects Are Pre-gutloaded at all times as.I feed my insects a variety of Fresh fruits and vegetables everyday. If you are willing to feed a wide Variety of nutrition to the crickets I see no need to coat them with messy dusty powders.
    Live Feeder Insects That You Need For Your Frogs & Lizards - All Natural Fed & Pre-Loaded With Nutrition
    Starter Colony Kits for Roaches, Crickets, Springtail & Isopods Cultures & More
    We Offer Friendlier Shipping Charges & NOW ALL ORDERS FREE SHIPPiNG over 175.00
    Follow Us on facebook NOW DISCOUNT ON FIRST ORDER AT CHECKOUT www.readyreptilefeeders.com

Whiplash87

Default Alternative cricket feeding strategy

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Do you think its feasable for clickets to climb pvc at a 45 angle? Or would too may creep up the tube? It does have a ball valve on there. Might have to be a guinea pig on this one. Haven't seen anything set up like that on the internet so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Alternative cricket feeding strategy

It sounds feasible in theory I understand the pvc has ridges inside, if they are close the crickets will navigate it, however you may have to experiment with the angle of the pvc. Also give plenty of Eggflats For Crickets as additional real estate lest they all congregate in the tube and possibly flood into your tank
    Live Feeder Insects That You Need For Your Frogs & Lizards - All Natural Fed & Pre-Loaded With Nutrition
    Starter Colony Kits for Roaches, Crickets, Springtail & Isopods Cultures & More
    We Offer Friendlier Shipping Charges & NOW ALL ORDERS FREE SHIPPiNG over 175.00
    Follow Us on facebook NOW DISCOUNT ON FIRST ORDER AT CHECKOUT www.readyreptilefeeders.com

Thread Information