Thread: First ADFs

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Talking First ADFs

While on an expedition to the pet store for crickets I stumbled across a little tank that had some ADFs in it. The poor things looked pretty thin, but I took them anyway. I've now had them for over a week and they are eating regularly and living with my betta. I kept a close watch on them to make sure no aggression took place; luckily none did, but I do have a back-up enclosure just *in case* something bad happens. The only thing I've noticed is the betta is a cow and will eat a bunch of food. I easily remedy this by trying to feed him first, then sprinkling excess food for the ADFs, then sucking up the remains with a turkey baster.
    So far I really like them. They have a very gentle filter and lots of places to hide so I think I should have them in my life for quite some time.
    But I must say, after having some ACFs, ADFs look tiny in comparison to their beast-sized relatives :P
    Мy darlings :
    0.2.0 Calico and Tuxedo cats Ksyenja and Koshek
    1.1.0 Xenopus leavis Carlos and Cecil
    2?.0.2 Bombina orientalis Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great, Lenin and Putin
    0.1.0 Grammostola rose Megan Wallaby
    1.1.0 Heterometrus laoticus Ian and Isaac

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

limnologist

Default Re: First ADFs

Good for you! I love adf's. Have you tried feeding them mosquito babies yet? I have found that they absolutely love them.

Tank Girl

I got mine in the opposite order, so my clawed frog looks like a monster - even though it's just a baby

I've noticed the dwarves use their arms for swimming much more. They sort of "paddle" over when they see you. So cute!! They look like tiny little people, how they swim

Another funny difference I've noticed is that I very rarely actually see my dwarves pooing. I've seen my clawed frog do it a few times so far...while I've been standing way across the other side of the room!!!

My dwarves also appear to come out swimming more regularly. My clawed frog seems to like to hide for longer periods, but that might just be because he's new and shy.

They both have their charms and differences, it's definitely worth keeping both types

And I love your rainbow ornament, by the way!!

5. This member thanks Tank Girl for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by limnologist View Post
    Good for you! I love adf's. Have you tried feeding them mosquito babies yet? I have found that they absolutely love them.
    I have not tried yet, but that sounds pretty cute. My two have really nice appetites, but maybe that's a pipadae thing.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    Мy darlings :

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Tank Girl View Post
    I got mine in the opposite order, so my clawed frog looks like a monster - even though it's just a baby

I've noticed the dwarves use their arms for swimming much more. They sort of "paddle" over when they see you. So cute!! They look like tiny little people, how they swim

Another funny difference I've noticed is that I very rarely actually see my dwarves pooing. I've seen my clawed frog do it a few times so far...while I've been standing way across the other side of the room!!!

My dwarves also appear to come out swimming more regularly. My clawed frog seems to like to hide for longer periods, but that might just be because he's new and shy.

They both have their charms and differences, it's definitely worth keeping both types

And I love your rainbow ornament, by the way!!
    Hah thanks my girlfriend picked it out. My two ACFs out grew it so they just tend to kick it down now more.
    I have noticed these similarities and differences. They certainly recognize and get excited for food time.
    I also found playing with a cat laser toy works for ACFs as well. Haven't tried it with the dwarves!

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    Мy darlings :

Thread Information