Thread: Help please

kateeatsleaves

Unhappy Help please

Yesterday I cleaned out my African dwarf frog tank. This morning I noticed one of two of my frogs was stuck on his back, after helping him to flip back over I noticed his leg was white and swollen looking (it almost looked like skin was shedding off and had got stuck, but I do not think this was the case). He also looks bloated now. The other frog appears to be fine. The tank has a heater and a filter, and like mentioned above was just cleaned yesterday. Pleasee if you can provide any information on what I should do with my four year old frog, it would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Help please

It sounds like something happened while you were cleaning out the tank,or in the transitions while doing so.what did you do that was different than usual,anything? Maybe what did you do with the frogs while you were cleaning the tank? You know , the holding container or what have you....

kateeatsleaves

I did put them in a different holding container than usual. But it was relatively the same size

Nationality
    [United States]

Maybe it went into shock or something from the cleaning....

Nationality
    [United States]

Thinking more about this,there's possibly a more involved answer.when you cleaned your tank ,you unplug your heater. You also probably shouldn't have cleaned your filter,not that clean.now when you put water back in..was it the same temperature as the dirty water? What I'm saying is,,when you plugged back in the heater,did it go on? And when did you put your frogs back in?Sometimes it isn't good to thoroughly clean out a tank.you do more harm than good.look at it this way..you have a pond ,then remove all the animals,then you go sterilize the pond,and then go put back all the animals and then start wondering why theyre all doing weird things....

Thread Information