Thread: Hiya fellow froggers

Ribbirta

Lightbulb Hiya fellow froggers

Uh, hi I am calling myself Ribbirta and I live in rural Minnesota and I currently have some american toad tadpoles that I saved from a drying marsh(was reduced to small puddle and was gone the next day) in a 10 gallon tank in my living room and I am waiting for them to change enough to where I can let them go somewhere where they won't just dry up in the sun. And that's all I got right now. In high school I had firebellies, an egyption toad, a bullfrog( raised from tad) african dwarf frogs, green tree frogs, and some kind of cute little fat brown burrowing frogs. Why don't I have them anymore? Because I went on a trip one time and my dad forgot to take care of them! I'm waiting to really start keeping frogs again till I am well established and have back-ups for every situation! But I want to start keeping them again in a few months, it's been a few years since I did, and I want to breed some every now and then because there is no good place around here to get frogs. There is one store in town but the man knows nothing about any of them and they are in very sickly condition. I almost think I could compete with him and run his business down, he is very irresponsible. Is this wrong? Anyway, I have read stuff on this site for months and I figured I should probably join as a lot of people here seem to have good info that checks out and since everyone I know in real life thinks I am some sort of weirdo because of how much I love frogs! Maybe I can be understood here!

Thank you and I hope my intro wasn't, TOO-too long.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hiya fellow froggers

Welcome to the forum Ribbirta. You have come to the right place as we are all weirdo's that love frogs here. That's very cool that you saved those Tadpoles. Sounds like you will have your hands full.

Paul Rust

Welcome aboard.

Kurt

Welcome aboard.

Talking Re: Hiya fellow froggers

Welcome! Good luck with the toads! Try offering them wax worms over meal worms, and if you can try getting some moths. From past experience american toads LOVE waxworms and moths! Sometimes even some butterflies too ;]

Kurt

Watch the butterflies, some are toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Watch the butterflies, some are toxic.
    Like the monarchs. I only feed if I can catch the yellow ones. Also on a side note. I cant help but ask whats up with the picture on your profile? Is that you? xDD Sorry if I come off rude or anything. I just find it a funny picture.

Kurt

Yeah, thats me.

Thread Information