Thread: Need > Good Bugs?

Tankfull Tropicals

Default Need > Good Bugs?

Please! Can someone please help me find a "Canadian supplier" of Springtail starter cultures and other Micro Fauna, Plus a "Vivarium supply" place. I am almost feed up on my computer searches; they are all American sites.
    THANKS Doug.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Need > Good Bugs?

Here's on that might be of a little more help.

http://www.dartfrogz.com/f11/looking...ing-tails-180/

Tankfull Tropicals

MsBlueRose; Thanks but that link is a dead end.

Also mentioned in the thread MsBlueRose found: Feeders | Understory Enterprises I ordered Fruit Flies from them last year and there service was great. They have spring tails. You might want to wait until it warms up if you're going mail-order from across the country. We're supposed to have more cold coming up in Ontario this week.

I don't know of any offhand from out west. There is a reptile show coming up in Abbotsford, https://www.facebook.com/bcreptileclub?fref=photo and they have a list of vendors you might try to find more info about BC Reptile Club • View topic - 2014 BCRC Spring Expo is SOLD OUT! The show might not be so convenient for you to go to coming from the island (and might not even have what you're after), but the vendor list might give a place to start searching for more local exotic pet dealers who might be able to help you find microfauna.

There's also a vendor list at canadart.org that you might want to check out: Canadian Vendor list | Canadart Where there be dart frogs for sale, there be micro fauna.

Tankfull Tropicals

MsBlueRose; Thanks so much; I went back to one of the addresses you gave me and found a Springtail culture
    supplier in
    " Canada". All I need now is a red eyed tree frog supplier.

Tankfull Tropicals

UncleChester; Thaks big time. Found some Canadian Bugs at understory and the wait awhile advice is great. I would not have thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleChester View Post
    Also mentioned in the thread MsBlueRose found: Feeders | Understory Enterprises I ordered Fruit Flies from them last year and there service was great. They have spring tails. You might want to wait until it warms up if you're going mail-order from across the country. We're supposed to have more cold coming up in Ontario this week.

I don't know of any offhand from out west. There is a reptile show coming up in Abbotsford, https://www.facebook.com/bcreptileclub?fref=photo and they have a list of vendors you might try to find more info about BC Reptile Club • View topic - 2014 BCRC Spring Expo is SOLD OUT! The show might not be so convenient for you to go to coming from the island (and might not even have what you're after), but the vendor list might give a place to start searching for more local exotic pet dealers who might be able to help you find microfauna.

There's also a vendor list at canadart.org that you might want to check out: Canadian Vendor list | Canadart Where there be dart frogs for sale, there be micro fauna.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfull Tropicals View Post
    MsBlueRose; Thanks so much; I went back to one of the addresses you gave me and found a Springtail culture
    supplier in
    " Canada". All I need now is a red eyed tree frog supplier.
    Glad I could help, and sorry about the dead link... I just looked up a few Canadian supply links and posted them for you since you had mentioned that your searches has been unfruitful. I hope you find your Red-Eyed Tree Frog. They are so cute, I would not mind have having one myself one day.

Best Wishes;
    MsBlueRose

Tankfull Tropicals

I am so Happy to say Yes and Thanks for your help. I found an incredible supplier " The Living Vivarium" of all and more than what I wanted or need. Baby Red eyes for 19.99 and every kind of culture out there too. Some albino wood lice I am going to try too. Then my frogs will have little 24/7 lunch wagons all over the place if I am not giving them enough. I am a Happy Viver.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

So glad everything worked out for you. 19.99 is a good deal for Red-Eyed Babies! I want one, lol. I just don't have anywhere to keep him right now so that's not gonna work. I am pleased you found what you are looking for.

Best Wishes;
    MsBlueRose

Thread Information