Thread: Exiting hibernation tips?

loganste123

Default Exiting hibernation tips?

Hello all, we've had a cold winter on the coast of NC. My pacman (eep) I see is hopping around now and jumping a lot past few days. Ive always fed him mice ever since he was able to eat them safely but now I realize they are really fatty. I offered one today and didn't take it. Im starting to get concerned because he hasn't pooped nor ate in ~5 months. I assumed it was due to the weather, but tomorrow Im going to try and give him nightcrawlers to switch it up and hopefully he will take them. Periodically through out the winter I gave him warm baths and he did the normal thing of shed his skin and go back underground. Tonight he shed on his own as I sprayed him with the mister with purified spring water and he seemed to enjoy it. But should I be concerned with the length of time hes ate and if hes trying to continue to jump through the plastic tub I have him in?

All heat and humidity is fine, I house him in a 2 foot by 7 inch plastic tub.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

limnologist

Default Re: Exiting hibernation tips?

if you have some time and enough room in the enclosure, try making a little pond and misting the frog every other hour to mimic the rainy season. this will make it sing. my male brown pacman did the same thing, he didnt eat for 3 months after the breeding season, but he finally accepted an american toad 2 days ago. just trust the animal, when he wants to eat, he'll eat.

Thread Information