Thread: Mice, birds, crickets, Oh my!!!

Africanpixie

Exclamation Mice, birds, crickets, Oh my!!!

Hi I am posting this to talk about food for our frogs... Post what foods you feed your frogs
    My frogs mostly have mice I think that I might soon might feed my Goliath a chick though

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Mice, birds, crickets, Oh my!!!

I feed my American Bullfrogs 5-6 Week old Crickets, alongside the occasional Canadian Nightcrawler, Butterworms, Superworms, or Waxworm as treats. I gutload my crickets with a mix of foods such as Lettuce, Carrots, Orange Slices, Apple Slices, Cucumber Slices, and Squashes, alongside Bread and Oats. I dust the crickets with a Calcium Dust two feedings every week, with a Multivitamin dusted feeding once a week. Typically, my larger Bullfrog Gnag eats 7-15 crickets a night, whilst Bumpy eats a typically unspecified amount, as since I can't view his feeding due to his overly skittish and jumpy nature, I can't precisely monitor the amount of crickets he eats. I feed both frogs every other night.

For my Chorus frogs it's the 1-2 Week old Crickets, about 8-15 every feeding, dusted once a week with the Calcium Dust and once a week with the Multivitamin Dust. I feed them every other day, alongside my Bullfrogs. Occasionally, I feed my Chorus frogs Waxworms or Butterworms as treats.

My Salamanders I feed whenever I spot them outside of hiding, which can be four times a week, or once a week. I feed them either small Crickets, Earthworms, Waxworms, Butterworms, or Superworms.

Oh, and be careful with feeding your Goliath a chick. Make sure your frog is easily big enough for him, or he could potentially choke on the chick, or if it's too big, it could damage his innards or scratch it's eyes whilst it's swallowing it. I had a scary occurrence with one of my bullfrogs when he went after an exceptionally fat Hornworm recently, my frog was fine afterwards but it was quite a scary experience.
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

Africanpixie

I think that I will only feed him a frozen chick. Do you have any ideas for my pacman frog, he only eats frozen mice and crickets? I really need reply thx.

MealwormsForSaleHQ

Hi Africanpixie,

Many Of My Clients Feed Their White Trees And RETFs Dubia Roaches. They Report Feeding Less And Actually Seeing Better Growth Rates, It's Probably Due To The Better Meat To Shell Ratio And The Ingredients We Feed. Super Worms Are Also Really Good For Them.

Thread Information