Thread: advice!

justjulie

Question advice!

I've always wanted to set up a white tree frog tank, I've been reading up on it but I still have some questions. I'll be setting this tank up where I work (at a nursing home) the tank will be on my desk, I want to use a small UTH but my tank is acrylic (is this a bad combo? even though you can have a heater in the tank when it's set up for fish?? ), I don't want to use a heat lamp because I wouldn't want a resident or child touching it and getting a burn. Would I even need a heater if the building is ALWAYS hot, like 75+*? (old people are always freezing!). Also, what should I decorate the tank with? I've learned to use fake plants, does this mean I shouldn't use branches from outside? Would one frog be ok, or should you have more than one (same sex) so they aren't lonely?

any tips or advice are greatly appreciated!!! thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: advice!

Hello and welcome to FF Julie! White Tree Frogs are large frogs that require space and heat (a day time 85F basking spot): Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea. How large is the enclosure you plan to use? Maybe we could recommend a frog better suited to your work conditions .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

justjulie

Default Re: advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Hello and welcome to FF Julie! White Tree Frogs are large frogs that require space and heat (a day time 85F basking spot): Frog Forum - White's Tree Frog Care - Litoria caerulea. How large is the enclosure you plan to use? Maybe we could recommend a frog better suited to your work conditions .

thank you!

well I have a few options...
    I can set up a 10Gal on my desk to house the frog(s) OR and this is what I really want to do... I can set up a 36Gal bow front at home and the 10Gal at work and just bring the frog(s) to work with me. the frog(s) can hang out with me in the smaller tank and then go home with me when I leave. but I'm not sure if that would be to stressful for them to travel, it's only a 10min drive.

Thread Information