Thread: Baby Pacman will eat and eat and eat. Problem?

LJ

Default Baby Pacman will eat and eat and eat. Problem?

I have a pacman that I've had for about a week now. Hes a little over an inch. He seems pretty happy. I've done everything I could to make it a comfortable place for him. I was new to all this and the people at the pet store weren't as knowledgeable as I thought at the time. You guys were much more helpful. I spent about $150 afterwards to get his conditions as optimal as I could, investing in a repti-fogger and that hygrometer (i think thats the name). Anyway, it monitors humidity and temperature (as you know).

I've been feeding him crickets and dusting them with calcium, every other feeding. I've had tremendous luck with the tong feedings too.

My biggest concern is with impacting him. This little guy will eat and eat until I stop feeding him. I'm feeding him about 3-4 crickets every night, smalls, because I heard they need to be about the width of his eyes.

Am I overfeeding this guy? Should I call it quits at 3-4 or feed him until hes done?

Thanks!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Baby Pacman will eat and eat and eat. Problem?

Well the most common rule is to feed them as much as they'll eat in 15 minutes and since your PAC is just a baby Id say he's eating normal! Keep it up and make sure to change up the diet every now and then. I recommend nightcrawlers too. The bigger they get the less often you gotta feed them! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjbage

Default Re: Baby Pacman will eat and eat and eat. Problem?

http://www.frogforum.net/food-feeder...schedules.html

I use that dusting schedule for the CA /w D3 and multivitamin

Mine went from " petsmart girl tossing in a few in the morning ( not sure how many since the fish lady that got him out of his container for me had no idea )" to now eating between 9-12 a night depending on the size, I try to eyeball it and keep them between the eye spacing but sometimes they are a tiny bit bigger, not much and other times they are a bit smaller, too much smaller and they are completely ignored. Currently waiting on my Pacman food order to arrive and will be trying again with the Canadian nightcrawler pieces now that I have a better set of tongs, was using the short plastic ones last night to fish out the small crickets he wouldn't eat / couldn't be bothered with from the small tank and he snapped and grabbed a cricket off of it so yeah maybe try that tong feeding again hoping for good luck.

Hypnotic

Default Re: Baby Pacman will eat and eat and eat. Problem?

Don't worry, they are supposed to eat a load! Trust me, you'l see him boom up in size as weeks and months pass, and for that amount of growth, a giant amount of food is needed.
    I've had babies that ate one and a half large nightcrawler a night, to 2-3 medium ones a night. I use the rule, as long as he's hungry, keep the food coming.

Thread Information