Thread: 48 Cubit ft or 360 gallon Vivarium Build. with Video documentation!

Tankfull Tropicals

Smile 48 Cubit ft or 360 gallon Vivarium Build. with Video documentation!

I have bought a Logitech HD C920 Webcam and will be doing a complete tutorial to help resolve some of the questions we all ask as to what products to use. Will also document a bunch of tests with the various products to show what works and how to do it. Such as with Zavlar liquid plastic, Drylok tintable latex "Water proffer"; Krylon Fusion for Plastic premixed colours and Clear Satin. I am building all Faux rocks and hollow planting logs for the tropical plants. Plus there will be a unusually shaped 20 gallon Aquarium/ Lake across the front feed by a 38" high waterfall that feeds a stream that goes back to the lake. Also a 44" high top edge moss covered drip/ rain wall; complete with a below the false bottom on demand drain pump that will return any drip through soil water back to the lake to be refiltered by main filter sponge. The filter will run a 280 gal/hr powerhead that will feed up to the waterfall has a 5" Hydro sponge filter; plus another 5" Hydro sponge in side the waterfall chamber as a polishing filter too.
    This will be a long ongoing project and I will post video from start to finish. It may take awhile though as I live on a very tight budget; just collecting ALL my materials and researching my brains out now. Wish me luck. I eventually want to have 7 Red Eyed Tree Frogs living in it. So excited!!! Doug.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: 48 Cubit ft or 360 gallon Vivarium Build. with Video documentation!

Sounds like a serious project. Make sure you factor in the cost of electricity (lights, pumps, etc.) since it can run quite high on a very large enclosure .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

4. This member thanks Mentat for this post:

Tankfull Tropicals

Default Re: 48 Cubit ft or 360 gallon Vivarium Build. with Video documentation!

Thanks Carlos, I am quite excited. Bought a new Logitech HD Pro C920 web cam today so I can get started. I have been researching for 3 months and it is time to begin. The Hydro costs should not be to scary as I am now running over 700 gallons worth of fish tanks in my living room; haha; I breed rare Plecos. But thanks for the heads up! I have no friends on FF yet, if I can find the add button can I put you down as my first? Cheers Doug.

Thread Information