Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cane toad?

Default Re: Cane toad?

Sorry I forgot to add a few more things. I wanna take a bit of time to do this, becauseI wanna do more indepth research. But I want to know a few things.

Where specially could I find these toads? Do you think reptile expo would have them? Iam going to the pa reptile expo j une 12. Does anyone know a good amphibian vet in nj? Cause the one I went to didnt seem like he knew much. He just looked at my toad and said it was fine. Charged me 200bucks for just a "Fine". So I kinda wanted a more knowledgable reptile/amphibian vet that not only is it good but reasonably priced.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

$200? I have never had a bill even close to that and I bring mutliple animals when I go. I think the biggest bill I have had was $125.

I would look for americanus on a rainy summer night. Unless you are tresspasing on someone's property I would not worry about the cops. If you're not breaking the law, there is nothing they can do about it. If they do come don't hide, that makes you look guilty of a crime. Just explain to them what you are doing and they will be on their way.

You may find marina at Hamburg. Glades is listed as a vendor and their site lists marina (and clowns for me). See you in Hamburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    $200? I have never had a bill even close to that and I bring mutliple animals when I go. I think the biggest bill I have had was $125.

I would look for americanus on a rainy summer night. Unless you are tresspasing on someone's property I would not worry about the cops. If you're not breaking the law, there is nothing they can do about it. If they do come don't hide, that makes you look guilty of a crime. Just explain to them what you are doing and they will be on their way.

You may find marina at Hamburg. Glades is listed as a vendor and their site lists marina (and clowns for me). See you in Hamburg.
    :U hmm okay. Just for a heads up. Ill be the pudgy kid with glasses and tanned skin. Ill be with my father<---scary looking, somewhat trollish looking, and has that face that says "I KEEL YOU" xD Lol. Sorry I had to make that slight jokish comment. But anywho yuh. Ill def. be there. :U will you be a vendor? If so maybe I can buy my cane toad a mate. Shes starting to not mind being picked up. Like she fights a bit. But after you start talking to her she calms down.

Btw. I feed her a dozen to two dozen crickets per week. Is that enough? And I wanna put grass on my set up. Is this possible? Or does the tank has to be dirt? Like I wanted instead of dirt everywhere. I wanted toput a hiding place that will have a digging place and the rest of the tank will be heavily planted with grass on the front and on the back I want to put plants. :P If you're going to the expo. Ill talk to my dad about buying toads. Id buy from you a pair of american toads.

So what you are saying. If I go to a vet, I can bring my toads, and my turtle and the visit will be 125? Or will I get charged per animal? I was thinking I could do this when I bring my rabbit.

Kurt

It all depends on the individual vet. My vet is reasonably priced, not all are.

It all depends on the individual vet. My vet is reasonably priced, not all are.
    Hmmm. Do you do trades? I really wanna get the american toads. Or another type of frog me and my brother can enjoy together. I was thinking the pyxie frog. But then I got afraid Id get my fingers eaten. xD So I rather stick to the american toads. Would you do me the favor of doing a little trade or a favor?
    Like what I want is a lightly colored toad. One thats just like the one on my picture( I miss him little pervert was funny xD). And maybe another nice colored ones? I like males better because I noticed that if you keep the temps a bit high, with a small dish of water. They sit there and call. :U Id be willing to put up for trade a chubby frog or a treefrog. :] or id buy em.

P.s. sorry If Iam very picky. xD I just thought it was easier for you to get em. I was hoping you could get an energetic one. Like Id like the pair to be around 2inches. Just because I know their young, which means they will have a longer lifespan. I prefer males. Because males have a nice tune(its my favorite singing amphibian besides the coqui), and they like to cling on to you and they dont mind being picked up sometimes, plus their more energetic than females. I know its kinda biased but from my experience. Male toads are nicer.

p.s. If you want to charge me, then give me a price and ill pay. xD Hopefully it isnt over 20bucks. Lol....
    Btw. I plan on feeding them:
    Dusted crickets
    Baby earthworms
    Waxworms
    Sparingly-mealworms.
    If I can find butterworms Ill feed em too. Maybe wild caught pill bugs and stuff?
    I like the one in my picture
    <--- That color is one of my favs. If you can get one like that and another nicely colored one. Maybe like a gray/white one than that would be okay too. :U I like diff colors cause then I can tell em appart. xD

My favorite ones that ive seen are the:
    Golden yellow ones that are just a solid color. Then theres the bright red ones with like black stripes on legs but the top is solid. Then theres the white ones. I love these three. :U In fact if you cant find two males. One male and a female will do okay. Ill just release the tadpoles or give em away or something. I just love these toads.

I think I will just get him a cane toad of his own. Maybe a male.

Kurt

I am not a vendor. I breed frogs, but not toads, at least not at the moment. I definitely do not have any americanus at all. Sorry. I am going with some fellow members of the NEHS/NEFG and I will be looking for frogs myself. Hoping to find either clown treefrogs or western green toads. I will also be looking to get marbled newts from Michael Schrom. He will be the guy selling all those salamanders.

I will be the guy that looks like me.

I am not a vendor. I breed frogs, but not toads, at least not at the moment. I definitely do not have any americanus at all. Sorry. I am going with some fellow members of the NEHS/NEFG and I will be looking for frogs myself. Hoping to find either clown treefrogs or western green toads. I will also be looking to get marbled newts from Michael Schrom. He will be the guy selling all those salamanders.

I will be the guy that looks like me.
    Its ok. Anywho, who is the person who sells top quality toads? Do these people show the animal and let you handle it before you buy? Kinda dont want to get jipped. How much do I expect the toad to cost? When I got mine from a store(the one that sucked at caring for it) sold it to me for 39bucks. :/

Kurt

I plan on hitting Glades myself. I think they may have marina. They usually don't cost more than $25.

I plan on hitting Glades myself. I think they may have marina. They usually don't cost more than $25.
    Dang I got jipped then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information