Thread: Food question - Samurai-Japan Reptiles - Pac Man food

cjbage

Default Food question - Samurai-Japan Reptiles - Pac Man food

So tonight as I was trying to feed Cedar some dubia and not having a bit of luck at all with those but having him/her snatch up crickets as fast as I could drop them in front of them I got to wondering what else I could try. I have tried nightcrawlers, dubia and the crickets which I use a premium cricket food mixed with one of the cricket food recipes I got from here.

So as my usual go to place I come here and start to snoop.. I mean look though posts on feeding and came across ones about Pacman Food >> http://pacmanfood.com/ and looked at the responses that seem to say that most of them seem to go for this and its nutritionally complete. So does anyone else still use this or have used this recently. It seems to be quite popular. This is the stuff from Samurai-Japan reptiles not the Zoo med copy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Food question - Samurai-Japan Reptiles - Pac Man food

Some frogs will eat those prepared foods and some won't. Mine spit it out and then ignore further tries. Think that if the babies are fed those foods, then the adults will usually accept them. I have luck with roaches feeding them sized same as distance between frog's eyes and night crawlers cut same as frog length .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

cjbage

Guess it never hurts to try, I am on mike's list for one of his blues and a green baby so hopefully I can get them all eating this and worms, gonna keep trying I know eventually I will hit on something that he loves more then crickets lol

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by cjbage View Post
    Guess it never hurts to try, I am on mike's list for one of his blues and a green baby so hopefully I can get them all eating this and worms, gonna keep trying I know eventually I will hit on something that he loves more then crickets lol
    I think Mike has been using Samurai Pacman Food for his frogs and he said his frogs grew the fastest on this diet. I've used this product with varying degree of success (like Carlos). With my picky Cornutas all three will often spit it back out, but that's what they do-- they are rebellious and usually are trouble feeders in captivity! My female adult Cranwelli will snatch the pacman food up real quick--remember to use a pair of long tongs and NEVER hand feed. My Budgetts frog will gobble the pacman food up without hesitation. I personally really like the pacman food but I still feed my frogs all sorts of other staple diets such as dubia roaches, giant nightcrawlers, and crickets. For treats I've used mice (the size will depend on the age of your frog), superworm, and gold fish. Of course all with regular vitamin and calcium dusting.
    Last edited by Namio; March 23rd, 2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Typos

cjbage

Well got my shipment notice and ordered a new set of tongs with silicon tips, the ones I picked up the other day didn't have the tips on them so will be returning those and the cheapy plastic ones I have are really short so they have been delegated to picking out the dead crickets lol from the keeper. Here is to hoping my little guy will eat the food and then I can concentrate on getting him/her and eventually them to accept worms and dubia so they have a variety. I really don't like crickets lol.

cjbage

Name:  01snooopy.gif
Views: 909
Size:  5.7 KB
    Cedar ate the Pacman food no problem..2 small pieces of it, the package said soybean size but I don't eat those so didn't know how big lol so I tore it in half and fed it to him, he tried to eat the tongs as well though the first time not the second time though. Now to work on getting him/her to eat nightcrawlers, gonna weigh him tomorrow then set up the feeding schedule for the food n crickets.

MrsPacman

I am a fan of the pacman food, especially since I'm in a small town where live food is limited. If they will eat it, they seem to do very well on it. Congrats to you and Cedar

cjbage

yep now I have to figure out how much to feed Cedar as he gets older, packaging is not very specific lol on how much for what age/size.. oh well I am happy at least it will give him a variety of a sort now

MrsPacman

I think feeding depends on each frog, I'm still figuring that out myself. Younger frogs eat more often. Mine are now small adults. I have some that will eat small amounts of pacman food and always refuse seconds, but eat 3-4 times/week. One of mine eats large amounts but only 1-2x a week. As long as they look good with a healthy weight, I let them tell me when their hungry :P

cjbage

k so I wrote to Samurai Japan reptiles and asked how much lol.. they said " Hello Thank you for your inquiry. You can make a ball like 1 bite size for your Pacman." So there we go... my Cedar grabbed a ball that was 3 of their spoonfuls, right from the tongs, gulped it into his mouth then swallowed..so I dont know.. one thing I have noticed though this past week, on the days when I feed crickets, he won't take more then 2 or 3 before he just sits there and stares at them.. or burrows back down, so I dont know what to do on those days, that's when I dust with the ca or vit powder depending on the schedule.

Thread Information