Thread: Frog Head Tilting?

CaptainMorgantown

Default Frog Head Tilting?

Hey guys,

My Golden Tree Frog has been tilting her head to one side and has been keeping it there for the last couple of days. Nothing appears to be wrong with her and she is eating, although she has become far less active. When I say she tilts her head I mean it is at a full 90 degree angle. Should I be concerned about this and does anyone have any clue as to what is wrong with her?

she has been eating at least cricket a day (on her own) and is very lethargic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

CaptainMorgantown

Default Re: Frog Head Tilting?

and here is a picture of this "tilting"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Im sorry Carolyn, I have never seen this before. I would suggest a visit to the vet asap. The tilting of the head in a cat or dog is often signs of an ear ache. I dont know if frogs get ear aches. It concerns me that she is also lethargic. I hope your frog will be OK.

PsionicRat

I agree with Ebony, a vet is what you need. I used to have rats and 'head tilt' was a common problem for them and is usually an inner ear thing. The lethargy is probably because she can't really tell up from down right now so moving around takes extra effort. On the bright side, it will most likely only take some antibiotics to clear it up.

Kurt

Being lethargic and tilting its head like that sends up major red flags to me. I t needs to go to the vet ASAP.

Thread Information