Thread: Help plz

aquarium lover1234

Default Help plz

ok so I started owning clawed frogs about a yr ago. I started with Dolly who is about 1 1/2 yrs old now. She is a albino and one of my favorites. I am a worry wart and about 3 days ago I noticed what looked to be a pimple on her lower back just above her cloaca region. It was reddish in color and small. The day after I looked at it again noticing the red went away but it had gotten bigger.It is not rounded and has a peak by the tip. Kinda like a human pimple. I am concerned cause I have never seen this before in any of my frogs. I have included some pictures and apologize about quality. Hope someone can help me and tell me this isnt anything to worry about. The tank numbers are all normal and it gets changes 2 times a week(since I have 2 others that live in there) Temp is around 68-70f. She is acting normal and eating and such as well.

Name:  IMG_20140221_151947.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  35.6 KBName:  IMG_20140221_151951.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  35.5 KBName:  IMG_20140221_152013.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  38.4 KBName:  IMG_20140221_152027.jpg
Size:  37.2 KBName:  IMG_20140221_152054.jpg
Size:  37.8 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Help plz

Hello and welcome to FF! See the small bump on it's skin; but hard to say what it is. Can you tell us about the tank and water quality. Answering the below questions will help see if there are any issues that could have caused it. Thank you !

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”

The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)?

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish?

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments?

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)?

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample.

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR]

7. Substrate type?

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank?

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed?

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)?

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used?

12. When is the last time frog ate?

13. Have you found poop lately?

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine).

15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.

16. How old is the frog?

17. How long have you owned him/her?

18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred?

19. Any medications in the water (treatment doses and for how long)?

20. Any salt in water (how much)?

21. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area?

22. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.).

By Lynn(flybyferns), GrifTheGreat, and aquatic questions added by Carlos(Mentat)
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Tongue Flicker

ACFs and axolotls grow and lose some 'pimples' and bumps normally especially the albino ones. This usually happens in matured individuals. Just make sure it doesn't happen and appear all at once and not a lot or else you might need to her checked up

5. This member thanks Tongue Flicker for this post:

aquarium lover1234

Quote Originally Posted by tongue flicker View Post
    acfs and axolotls grow and lose some 'pimples' and bumps normally especially the albino ones. This usually happens in matured individuals. Just make sure it doesn't happen and appear all at once and not a lot or else you might need to her checked up
    thank you tongue flicker i appreciate it. Actually it has gone away just mommy being a worry wart.

aquarium lover1234

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Hello and welcome to FF! See the small bump on it's skin; but hard to say what it is. Can you tell us about the tank and water quality. Answering the below questions will help see if there are any issues that could have caused it. Thank you !

“Trouble in the Frog Enclosure”

The following information will be very helpful if provided when requesting assistance with either your frog or enclosure. To help with your questions, please utilize the below list and post the information in the proper forum area to get advice from FF members that keep the same frog. This will allow for little confusion and a faster more informed response.

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)?

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish?

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments?

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)?

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample.

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR]

7. Substrate type?

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank? O

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed?

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)?

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used?

12. When is the last time frog ate?

13. Have you found poop lately?

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine).

15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area.

16. How old is the frog?

17. How long have you owned him/her?

18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred?

19. Any medications in the water (treatment doses and for how long)?

20. Any salt in water (how much)?

21. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area?

22. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.).

By Lynn(flybyferns), GrifTheGreat, and aquatic questions added by Carlos(Mentat)

1. Tank Size and volume of water in it (full, 1/2 filled, etc.)? 20 GALLON LONG AND 3/4THS FILLED

2. Number of inhabitants including all frogs and any fish? 2 MATURE AND 1 IMMATURE FEMALE ACF'S

3. Water source and any conditioner treatments? I USE API STRESS COAT IN TAP WATER-SITS 24 HRS BEFORE USE

4. Water Temperature and how is it heated (if so)? TEMP STAYS AROUND 70F

5. Water chemistry levels: pH; Ammonia (NH3); Nitrites (NO2); Nitrates (NO3)? Note that if you do not have test kits, most aquariums/pet shops will do complimentary tests if you take a clean water sample. ALL IN NORMAL RANGES - WATER CHANGE TWICE A WEEK

6. Describe any filter system including model and media?[/COLOR] NO FILTER

7. Substrate type? SAND

8. Tank set-up (plants (live or artificial), driftwood, hide outs and other decor? - How were things prepared prior to being put into the tank? ONE LARGE LOG TO HIDE IN

9. Main frog staple food and any treats? How often you feed? 2 EARTHWORMS 3 TIMES A WEEK AND BRINE SHRIMP 4 TIMES A WEEK.

10. CA, vitamins, and any other additives used (how often)? NOPE

11. Lighting set-up and hours it's used? LED AND7-8 HRS A DAY ITS ON

12. When is the last time frog ate? YESTURDAY

13. Have you found poop lately? YES

14. A picture would be helpful including frog and tank (any including cell phone pics are fine). -----

15. Describe frog's symptoms and/or recent physical changes; to include it's ventral/belly area. NONE EXCEPT THE RARE BUMP THAT APPEARED AND THEN DISSAPEARED ON LOWER BACK JUST ABOVE THE CLOACA REGION

16. How old is the frog? 1 1/2 YRS

17. How long have you owned him/her? 1 YR

18. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred? CAPTIVE BRED

19. Any medications in the water (treatment doses and for how long)?NO

20. Any salt in water (how much)? NO WAY

21. Is the tank kept in a high or low traffic area? MEDIUM

22. Describe tank maintenance to include water changes, cleaning, media changes, etc.). 1/2 TANK CHANGE OF WATER TWICE A WEEK.(I AM OVERLY CAUTIOUS)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Glad the mysterious bump went away! Your tank and care seems fine and I'm surprised the relatively large frogs will still hunt for brine shrimp. Only thing myself would do is to install a filter; either a small foam sponge powered by small air pump or one of the smaller internal powered filters like the Supreme (Danner) Ovation 210 .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Thread Information