Thread: hey there!

Nationality
    [United States]

Smile hey there!

my name is Christina, I'm 21 and live in Massachusetts, America. I'm new to the forum but not so new to reptile keeping. i currently care for a leopard tortoise, an eastern box turtle, a veiled chameleon and the newest family member is a female African bullfrog. I've ALWAYS wanted one but never wanted to have it shipped. my local pet store recently acquired one and i would have had them hold her for me until i had her enclosure complete but they wouldn't, so i purchased her then. i know this isn't ideal but I'm sure we've all had our share of rash purchases :P i have done research but not extensive, which I'm working on, ha. I've ordered the supplies i believe i will need which will arrive within a week, i will post pictures of the setup and my girl then (: any advice, suggestions regarding enclosures, diet, lighting will be appreciated. any mistakes newbies make, warn me! (: happy to be a member (:

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: hey there!

Welcome to the forum I've had rushed buys like yours before like with my fire belly toads. You can keep your frog in a ten gallon tank (For now, but will eventually need something much larger Males need tanks as big as 40 gallons :0) use some coconut fiber bedding like eco earth or plantation soil (or) paper towels and a large water bowl, A 50 watt heat bulb will be good for heat. Hope this helps
    "A Righteous man cares for his animals" - Proverbs 12:10
    1.0.0 Correlophus cilliatus
    2.1.0 Bombina orientalis
    0.1.0 Ambystoma mexicanum
    0.0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0.0 Litoria caerulea
    1.1.0 Dendrobates auratus "Nicaraguan"
    0.0.2 Dendrobates tinctorius "Azureus"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hello Christina and welcome to FF! Here is a good article to read on Pixies: Frog Forum - African Bullfrog - Pyxicephalus adspersus - Care and Breeding .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

thanks for the replies! i currently have her in a 30g bow front tank with 4" of coco coir, a large 2" deep water dish, 2 pothos plants and a half log hide. i have an older heating pad and che for heat which is 85°f. i have a humidifier on a timer to keep humidity around 60%-80%. I'm investing in uvb light simply for visible light, a new heating pad and a dimmer switch for the che (if i need it with the new heat pad)

Tongue Flicker

Hey christina welcome aboard!

Thread Information