Thread: Need help!!!

woogy97

Default Need help!!!

I came home frog school to find my baby pacman frog in his water dish with blood around the edges in the water and now he is at a minimum for movement. Please help asap!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

dumpyfrog101

Default Re: Need help!!!

well you should take him to a vet or something asap ( reptile vet if there is one in Edmonton) this is yer best chance bud for your frog to live cuz he could easily get infected and die. You should put him in a small bowl and monitor him if the vet is not possible and if you need to take him to a good pet store!

woogy97

I don't want to take him to anywhere because he is very slow in movement and I am worried that it will just ruin him, I will go up and ask at a pet store, I isolated him for the time being though

cjbage

Most people at the petstore wouldn't have a clue most give incomplete or at worse just plain bad information, they are there to sell you a pet n that is pretty much it for the most part, a vet is the best option if you want help for your frog.

dumpyfrog101

Ya your best bet is the vet cause the people at pet stores are retards unless it's a family owned place that specializes on reptiles and amphibians keep us posted good luck we'll help you the best we can.

Nationality
    [United States]

Vet is definitely the best option. Pet stores are horrible places to look for advice. The employees don't have to have any sort of qualifications or knowledge about caring for the animals. You're better off just asking on internet forums.
    But what you're describing sounds kind of odd... Were there any cuts or anything on him? Is the vent swollen? If there was a regurge at any point, I'd expect to see other stomach contents floating around...

You need to post the answers to the Trouble in the Enclosure questions so people can help figure out what went wrong if you can't get a vet's opinion.
    http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Also, what do you mean when you say you have him isolated now? Was he housed with other animals before this? If so, that may be the cause of whatever injury/illness you're looking at.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

woogy97

I have him in a bin with paper towel and not in his substrate, He's alive as of right now and yes I can see parts of his stomache. No he was not housed with other animals. I couldn't find any cuts on him

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Need help!!!

DVirginiana has given you good advice. It is very likely your little frog will not live of you re unable to get him to a vet.

Do you have a photo? Did he vomit? Are you seeing stomach? Or cloaca (rectal prolapse)?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

woogy97

I can get a photo, yes, I am seeing his stomach and no, no cloaca, I had that problem with my tomato frog

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by woogy97 View Post
    I can get a photo, yes, I am seeing his stomach and no, no cloaca, I had that problem with my tomato frog
    Can you post the answers to the Trouble in the Enclosure questions in that link I posted earlier? Without a picture and an idea of how the frog is being kept it's hard to give advice or have an idea of what might have caused this.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

woogy97

Unfortunately, My pacman has passed, I found a vet but there next available appointment was tomorrow afternoon

dumpyfrog101

Hey sorry bud check your tank and find what happend you should get a new frog just figure out what happend u seem like a smart guy! You tried and that's all you could do.

cjbage

Sorry to hear that

Thread Information