Thread: Red eyes are in

Tree frog maniac

Default Red eyes are in

I have put my red eyes in the rain chamber but I still need help can someone help pleas
    and do they have to grow a nuptial pad to breed or no myne dose have one but I'm just wonfering

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Red eyes are in

Hello Anthony! You are starting a new thread for every question you have on your RETF breeding issue. It will assist those helping, if you keep all questions in one thread, where the complete history of questions and answers on the particular event are located. Thank you !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Tree frog maniac

Ok sorry lol I will start to do that but now that your hear can you give me some tips and what els I have to do and how do I feed them when it's a pond underneath

Tree frog maniac

And my female hides when it rains and comes out emidiatly when it stops I turn the rain on 30 min in the morn 4h in middle day and 2h at night. But the male his nupital pads are coming in quick and he's just all over the tank when i have the rain on

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Myself do not breed RETFs. From what you are stating, appears your female is not ready for breeding or does not like the male. Recommend you follow the advice given on your previous threads and increase the male to female ratio so she can pick from more than one male. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

mrzoggs

I suggest doing a little more studying or Red-Eyed Leaf Frog breeding before sticking them into a rain chamber. You need to be prepared. I will tell you from experience, its not a simple task to take care of 50+ babies. Mine bred without a rain chamber unexpectedly. I did not intend on breeding mine yet, but they had their own intentions. It was a lot of work to make sure these babies stayed happy and healthy, and is still a lot of work to keep them healthy as froglets.

Google has a ton of helpful information on Red-Eyed Leaf Frog breeding. Here are some links I found just for you

Breeding Red-Eyed Treefrogs
    Breeding Red-Eyed Tree Frogs
    How to breed Red-Eyed Treefrogs : Living with Lizards

Tree frog maniac

I believe it was because it was the first night she was in their but now she is out when it rains and the males nupital pads are coming in hot as well as he I all over the tank when it rains

Tree frog maniac

I totally understand what your telling me but I have been doing research for almost a year now! Lol and my cousin specializes in breeding birds and reptile he's up to help. And if I'm prepared it won't be hard + I'm sure you were happy when you found eggs it's just that u were in a rush cuz you weren't quite sure what to do lol. I'm ready and ice been researching ever since I got them

Tree frog maniac

And I have already read all of those and more lol.

mrzoggs

Default Red eyes are in

Oh I definitely knew what to do, just didn't have funds to build a rain chamber for them and wasn't in a rush to take care of the amount of eggs they would give me. If you have read those, you should be fine. Just sit back and let them do their thing. No one really knows specifically what's going on in the females head when she's hiding under a leaf somewhere.

Tree frog maniac

Mine is actually currently on the back wall of the terrarium and just finished shedding this morning with a bigg belly while the male is roaming the tank calling once every now and then! They have been in since Wednesday and still no action I'm kinda mad but... Maybe my specific frogs (2) need more time but like I have mentioned before the males nuptial pad is getting bigger while the female had a big belly, one thing for each that occurred after I placed them in the tank I think I put them in early which is why they havnt done anything yet but I am thinking once the male finishes growing his nuptial pad there may be som action lol.
    words comes to worst I read that I put them in their normal terrarium again for 2'weeks one for dry and one for wet than back to the rain chamber !

Thread Information