Thread: Greetings!!!!

spock22a

Smile Greetings!!!!

Hello! My name is Alyssa, and I'm new here. I'm a college student studying psychology, and wildlife biology and ecology. I just got my first toad this weekend after a year of thinking about it. He/she (not sure yet) is an adorable fire bellied toad I've named Pip (short for Pippen). My boyfriend had lizards and frogs growing up, so he's been helping me with figuring out how to take care of him. I hope to learn a lot more about frogs, toads, and other reptiles and amphibians from this website. Live long and prosper!!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Greetings!!!!

Hello and welcome to FF Alyssa! Here is a great article to get you well started on FBTs: Frog Forum - Fire-Bellied Toad Care and Breeding - Bombina orientalis and relatives .
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Tongue Flicker

Oh two things i love, bio and psycho!

Welcome aboard alyssa

spock22a

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    Hello and welcome to FF Alyssa! Here is a great article to get you well started on FBTs: Frog Forum - Fire-Bellied Toad Care and Breeding - Bombina orientalis and relatives .
    Thanks! That article has a lot of information in it that I'll be sure to use!

spock22a

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue Flicker View Post
    Oh two things i love, bio and psycho!

Welcome aboard alyssa
    Oh!!!! Another psych person! Do you know if it's possible to use associative conditioning on frogs? I've been thinking of trying on Pip to try and make feeding a bit easier... And less noisy. Ten crickets in one small dorm room can make*a lot* of noise.

N3XU5

Quote Originally Posted by spock22a View Post
    Hello! My name is Alyssa, and I'm new here. I'm a college student studying psychology, and wildlife biology and ecology. I just got my first toad this weekend after a year of thinking about it. He/she (not sure yet) is an adorable fire bellied toad I've named Pip (short for Pippen). My boyfriend had lizards and frogs growing up, so he's been helping me with figuring out how to take care of him. I hope to learn a lot more about frogs, toads, and other reptiles and amphibians from this website. Live long and prosper!!!!
    Hello Alyssa, and welcome to FF.( I stole this greeting from Mentat. )

Nationality
    [United States]
    High Point, North Carolina, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome! I hope that you will post your conditioning results as you go along. That'll be so interesting! I love learning about that stuff, even though I'm an old fogey and non-psychology person. ;-)

Default Greetings!!!!

Welcome!!
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

ariesheiress

Welcome Alyssa and Pip!

spock22a

Quote Originally Posted by mapdoggis View Post
    Welcome! I hope that you will post your conditioning results as you go along. That'll be so interesting! I love learning about that stuff, even though I'm an old fogey and non-psychology person. ;-)
    Will do! He seems really smart, so once he's calmed down a bit it shouldn't take too long.

Tongue Flicker

Quote Originally Posted by spock22a View Post
    Oh!!!! Another psych person! Do you know if it's possible to use associative conditioning on frogs? I've been thinking of trying on Pip to try and make feeding a bit easier... And less noisy. Ten crickets in one small dorm room can make*a lot* of noise.
    I majored in human behavioral psychology and dream analysis lol.. i wanna try applying what i've learned before on my pets but that'll only make my life harder as it is now haha

spock22a

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue Flicker View Post
    I majored in human behavioral psychology and dream analysis lol.. i wanna try applying what i've learned before on my pets but that'll only make my life harder as it is now haha
    That's cool!!! I took a class on psychoanalysis focusing on Freud and Jung. I don't know how I would apply that to a frog, unless one of them demonstrated an Oedipus complex, lol. I think that I would be easier for me to learn the stuff I've learned, sense I'm focusing on animals instead of humans

Thread Information