Thread: New Member

mkhenry

Default New Member

Hello . My name is Mike and I live in Chestertown , Maryland. I think that I am listed as a junior member. Actually I am pretty old and am somewhat embarrassed to tell you my age! I have had a lifetime interest in reptiles and amphibians and started keeping as pets when I was a child in England. After moving to the USA and after quite some time had elapsed I had quite a number of amphibians. I think my favorite was a Kassina Senagalis. Very nice compact little fellow. I also had some tree frogs and several others. I think that the keeping of herps as pets was not nearly at the stage that it is now. Then the object was to keep them alive as long as possible and the idea of breeding them never really occurred to me. Recently I have been collecting stamps from all over the world that depict amphibians it and it is surprising how many there are of them. I have been thinking of trying my hand again with perhaps the firebellied frogs or the African clawed frogs. To breed them would be beyond my wildest dream.

WorldClassFrogCoddler

Default Re: New Member

Hello Mike! I'm new here too, in fact this is only my second post, but I welcome you. You should never be ashamed of your age; it's impressive that you were involved with keeping reptiles and amphibians before it was so simple. I feel like I have a hard time finding good products sometimes, but back then you must have been pretty much on your own, am I right?

People laugh and give me strange looks when I mention my frog even these days, so people must have thought you were a witch fit for burning during a time when only dogs or cats were 'acceptable' pets. It's thanks to folks like you that we now have such a big and thriving trade in reptiles and amphibians now.

I think you should definately try your hand at keeping a pet frog again. You're never too old. If you're concerned about the little boogers getting away from you, you should choose a fat, lazy frog like I did. I chose a Pacman frog and all he wants to do is sit in his soil and eat. He may in fact be a plant of some kind.

Tongue Flicker

Hey mike welcome aboard!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hello and welcome to FF Mike ! The "Junior Member" means you are new to the forum and will change as your participation at forum increases.
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

mkhenry

Thank you for your kind welcome. Much appreciated and most encouraging. Mike

Nationality
    [United States]

Default New Member

Welcome to the forum .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

KimmersLovesToads

Hi Mike. I am also a Junior Member and a frog lover. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about people's stories. I check on my toads outside every night. I won't be happy once it gets too cold out. I can't keep one yet, nor would I, as I do not feel educated enough to try. Take care, Kim

Nationality
    [Canada]

Welcome to the frog forum! Have fun! And you know if you are 100y or more that may be considered pretty old lol anything less then that is pretty young
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Thread Information