Thread: multi vitamin & calcium D3 and feeding

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default multi vitamin & calcium D3 and feeding

right my tank and everything should come tomorrow or next, I was going to get a pacman frog (baby ornate) few months ago but decided on getting 2 baby emperor scorpions and a baby 1cm Mexican red knee tarantula sling well anyway as I was planning on getting it at the time I already have the calcium d3 and multi vitamin, I heard to feed it with calcium d3, 3x a week and vitamins 1x a week so if I done Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with calcium d3 then Thursday break then Friday multi vit the saturday and sunday just plain crickets would that be ok? and how many crickets (gut loaded) do I feed a baby ornate each day and what ever that will be lets say 3 crickets a day well will I have to dust every cricket with the calcium and vit on the day or do I just dust 1 and give the other 2 normal plain crickets, thanks all answers will help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: multi vitamin & calcium D3 and feeding

Quote Originally Posted by reptifrog View Post
    right my tank and everything should come tomorrow or next, I was going to get a pacman frog (baby ornate) few months ago but decided on getting 2 baby emperor scorpions and a baby 1cm Mexican red knee tarantula sling well anyway as I was planning on getting it at the time I already have the calcium d3 and multi vitamin, I heard to feed it with calcium d3, 3x a week and vitamins 1x a week so if I done Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with calcium d3 then Thursday break then Friday multi vit the saturday and sunday just plain crickets would that be ok? and how many crickets (gut loaded) do I feed a baby ornate each day and what ever that will be lets say 3 crickets a day well will I have to dust every cricket with the calcium and vit on the day or do I just dust 1 and give the other 2 normal plain crickets, thanks all answers will help
    Calcium skip a day and then vitamins sounds like you have it down one frog per tank because they will eat each other ( I've had it happen before). I tong feed and when dusting I use night crawlers is easier then dusting crickets and dumping them in the tank Ivory reptiles has a great tong feeding video on YouTube. Night crawlers also is a better staple and provides more nutrition.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
    Owner of a Sun Kissed, Samurai Super Apricot Produced by Mike Matson and a Reduced Pattern C. Cranwelli

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

yeah it will be for one frog, by the way what do you mean calcium skip a day and nightcawlers what are they haha only heard if crickets, meal worms and locusts, cheers

ktl07

yeah it will be for one frog, by the way what do you mean calcium skip a day and nightcawlers what are they haha only heard if crickets, meal worms and locusts, cheers
    If you start with calcium on Monday you can skip to Wednesday giving him vitams.. Friday back to calcium.. 1 vitamin, 2 calcium intakes should do find for him a week.. 3 calcium intakes is also fine for froglets..

6. This member thanks ktl07 for this post:

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

cheers but as for Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and sunday do I just normal feed or don't I feed him atall and how many critters each time, by the way I buy a box of 4th size brown crickets and gut load them for my scorpions they only eat 1-3 crickets a week so I have loads which I try to look after with veg fruit and cricket feed and bottle water spray around so they drink the droplets but half will still die and id wanna use them up so even tho iv gut loaded them and that I can still feed it them?

Nationality
    [United States]

Night crawlers are a type of earth worm meal worms are hard to digest especially for younger frogs and its suggested to avoid feeding meal worms. And you can feed it as much as he will eat in 15 minutes they wont over eat. I feed my pacs night crawlers wax worms dubia roaches crickets super worms a pinkyy mouse 1 a month and zoomed pacman food.

Owner of a Sun Kissed, Samurai Super Apricot Produced by Mike Matson and a Reduced Pattern C. Cranwelli

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

ahh and should that be every day then feeding them as much as they can in 15mins and do I have to dust every single one I feed it on the router below
    Quote Originally Posted by ktl07 View Post
    If you start with calcium on Monday you can skip to Wednesday giving him vitams.. Friday back to calcium.. 1 vitamin, 2 calcium intakes should do find for him a week.. 3 calcium intakes is also fine for froglets..

Nationality
    [United States]

ahh and should that be every day then feeding them as much as they can in 15mins and do I have to dust every single one I feed it on the router below
    For babies everyday to ever other day and try dusting 2. I tong feed so I dust the first couple of worm's and the rest are undusted with tong feeding I know they get they cal or vitiams right away.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

cheers everyone helped so much cant wait to get the little feller this/next week one more question will just feeding it crickets gut loaded be a good diet as I get them all time for my 2 baby scorpions the 4th size crickets which will be perfect size for a 2-3cm baby ornate and it will use them up in the box quicker and soon when older tarantula will be on them as atm that's on 1st size crickets close to pinheads yeah that's how small my red knee is only a 1cm but soon as the ornate gets larger il feed it locusts? (are they ok?) and mealworms and crickets

Nationality
    [United States]

I would leave meal worms out of his diet everything else is ok

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk 2

13. This member thanks huey75 for this post:

Thread Information