Thread: Long-term Neuro Issues Improving

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Long-term Neuro Issues Improving

It seems like some long-term neurological issues that Trevor has had seem to be improving.

For those that don't know, about a year and a half ago I got her back from staying with some other people until I moved to a new place. Turns out the temps hadn't been being monitored very well, and she wasn't digesting her food properly. She had some serious tox issues, and would randomly space out and her pupils would blow up completely regardless of light (I assume these were mild seizures). She recovered, but seemed to have continuing issues with digestion/impaction that I believe were related to neurological damage (kind of like IBD in humans is part neurological). It was to the point that I had to start doing impaction treatments pretty regularly as a preventative.

Anyway: Over a year after the initial problem, today is the first time she has actually pooed on her own with no assistance. I'm going to keep monitoring it closely, but I thought I'd share since the timeframe on her fully recovering from that was so long.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    1.0 Litoria caerulea
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Python regius
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis

2. This member thanks DVirginiana for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DesertHeat

Hooray! That's good news

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Good to hear! As you said though, always keep an eye out.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Long-term Neuro Issues Improving

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    It seems like some long-term neurological issues that Trevor has had seem to be improving.

For those that don't know, about a year and a half ago I got her back from staying with some other people until I moved to a new place. Turns out the temps hadn't been being monitored very well, and she wasn't digesting her food properly. She had some serious tox issues, and would randomly space out and her pupils would blow up completely regardless of light (I assume these were mild seizures). She recovered, but seemed to have continuing issues with digestion/impaction that I believe were related to neurological damage (kind of like IBD in humans is part neurological). It was to the point that I had to start doing impaction treatments pretty regularly as a preventative.

Anyway: Over a year after the initial problem, today is the first time she has actually pooed on her own with no assistance. I'm going to keep monitoring it closely, but I thought I'd share since the timeframe on her fully recovering from that was so long.
    This is excellent news DV. They take a very long time to heal from anything and most don't ever recover from Neurological damage. Good news indeed.

Thread Information